FAO Tim Witherspoon

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by williams7383, Oct 13, 2021.

1. williams7383

williams7383 TKO 6 Klit Lickers Full Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Great to see you here champ, it'd be great to get an insight from a fighter of the 80s era.

The 80s heavies tend to get overlooked a lot other than Holmes and Tyson, " the alphabet boys" was the generic term for a lot of good fighters who could all beat each other and take more coke than each other on any given day, the titles changed hands a lot in that period too, how would you have seen Fury doing in that era.

Who would you have taken to beat Fury of that era?

How would you have set up against Fury, 12 round fight, what would your game plan have been ?

2. ChrisJS

ChrisJS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Nice to hear he’s posting here. Met him at the Atlantic City HOF in august and he’s a really nice guy and was a top fighter.

GoldenHulk and heerko koois like this.
  3. Pugguy

Pugguy Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    I remember watching the 83 Holmes fight. What a battle, rd 9 bringing an already great fight into even sharper focus, literally punching each other to a stand still. Tim’s overall cross armed defence was great.
    Maybe just me but when I first saw Tim it struck me that, in terms of facial resemblance and physique to some degree, he would’ve been a good choice to play a young Sonny Liston though Tim is like 2 1/2” to 3” taller I believe.