Fatty's pre-boot camp training log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Svengali, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Svengali

Svengali Guest

Background:

6'1 30 y/o male. Began weightloss program in September 2006, weighing 365 lbs. Program has consisted of gradual daily caloric reduction (2000, 1800, 1600) and workouts consisting of 6 days a week visits to gym. 3 days of weights, 3 days of cardios, and usually 4 days with ab exercises. Prior to consitent application of weight loss regimen, long standing eating disorder issue, which was root of the problem, was addressed.

Weightloss progress was generally 1-3 lbs a week, 8-14 lbs a month, with 10 lbs a month being the average. As of 8/16/2007, currently 258 lbs.

Present Goals:

Currently trying to reach minimum weight and p/t standards for U.S. Navy prior to enlistment application. Ideally, this will be accomplished before the end of 2007. Current standards are

1) 214 lbs ( can be within 10 lbs of this)
    2) Run 1.5 miles in less than 14 mins, 30 seconds.
    3) Perform 31 pushups in 2 mins
    4) Perform 40 situps in 2 mins

This Log:

Every 2 weeks I'll check in here with this log with my progress, regardless if anyone cares. Hopefully, it will inspire some as they work towards their own challenges and obtain their goals. Also, a positive peer pressure would be beneficial to me, as I dont want to let myself or anyone else down.

2. Svengali

Svengali Guest

8/14/07

Weight: 259

Pushup test: 24
    Situp test: 41
    1.5 mile test: 16 minutes 35 seconds

Comments: **** pushups, my left shoulder is now jacked up. Might have gone out of the gate too fast on all 3 drills, need to remember theres plenty of time so I dont fade down the stretch. Results are good considering I'm still over 40lbs overweight. Hot chicks working out near me are benefit on situps, but for some reason, during pushups, I want to beat the **** out of them because they are doing sissy exercises, and also, would prefer them to be underneath me. Jumping rope makes for a great warm up prior to jogging, using boxing wizards hilarious counting jumps routine.

3. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Sounds like you are on the right track. Good to see you addressed your eating issues. Many people over look that and then wonder why they gain it all back.
    I also jump rope to warm up for a run, I've found it works really well for stretching before I run.

Keep it up!

4. Lostmykeys

Lostmykeys Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
  5. eze

eze Everybody Know Me Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Sounds like you are doing good. You are down 100lbs. who gives a **** how many push ups you can do, you are healthy and losing more weight. keep it up!

6. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    Well done Fat Cat, good on you mate :good

Keep it up!!!

7. boxerpuncher069

boxerpuncher069 New Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    congratulations on your weight loss, i'm a big loser myself lol, i used to weigh in at 298 lbs, now i'm 220!

8. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Holy ****, thats a hell of a loss there Fat Cat. Might be time to change your username mate.

Good stuff. :good

9. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Amazing Work. you are a true inspiration to fattys everywhere

10. Svengali

Svengali Guest

Well the "routine" I alluded to is really a different way of keeping track of how long I jump rope. Whereas most people do it for a set amount of minutes, I jump a certain amount of reps. For some reason, it's better for me to actually count my jumps when I'm doing skip work. I just do it to warm up for the treadmill, so usually about 5-10 minutes worth. Sometimes I'll do it afterwards if I'm feeling really good.

11. Svengali

Svengali Guest

Thank you for the kind words everyone. When I get a little closer for this year's goal, I'll post some before and after type photos so you can see how I progressed.

12. IOANNIS

IOANNIS Member Full Member

Jan 16, 2006
    I always admire people who dare to put targets and reach their goals. Good luck with the US Navy. Keep up the great work!

13. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Fat fat fat fatty McFatster!

Good job with the weight loss.
    I'm just a ***** and fret about my measly 12 pounds I need to lose.

14. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    You better be trying to go in as a commisioned officer. Doing all that **** just to be a swabby isn't worth it.

15. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Do some compound lifts?