Favorite Fighters

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Dostoevsky, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    This isn't about who you think is the best and who is the greatest...just who you like or admire.
    I love agressive strikers who go for the kill and will just try and destroy their opponents so my fighters will be lopsided to that way.

Mauricio Rua
    Sheer agreesiveness and vicious striker, good on the ground.
    First fight i saw him in against Kanehara(?)
    He did a flying stomp and got his heel right in Kaneharas eye, he then just started booting him and stomping on him mercilessly.
    It was awesome.

Wanderlei Silva
    More aggressiveness, His fight against Kondo was brutal, he got 5 pinpoint stomps on Kondo and just crushed him. His fight with Rampage are legendary as well.
    Wanderlei is just amazing, so vicious and aggressive......I love it

Anderson Silva
    Another aggressive fighter! Will just crush you with kness and lazer sharp strikes. Good grappler as well.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    I love aggressive strikers so I never really liked Nog, until i saw the Crocop fight. He was getting his head booted in and was being destroyed.....in the 2nd round he was able to reverse it and put Crocop in an amazing submission. Oustanding heart and determination.

Sergei Kharitonov
    A guy with a mean streak, very good technical boxer, and great ground game. On paper he has it all, Great chin,great stand up, great grappling...unfortunately he hasn't been very good lately....:huh
    Had some bad losses, but at 26 he has lots of time left and i hope he becomes champion.

2. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005
    too many to name, as I've said before the list of disliked fighters is alot smaller. So I can probably give you a few of their names, in no particular order...............

Tito Ortiz
    Tim Sylvia
    Any Gracie(except Renzo)
    Koscheck
    maybe a few others, everybody else I'm o.k. with.

O.K. I guess if I had to pick a favorite it be Fedor.

3. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Fedor
    GSP
    Couture
    Handerson
    Wandy
    A.Silva

4. ravtrav

ravtrav Active Member Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Nick Diaz
    Penn
    Franca
    Hendo
    W. Silva
    Gsp
    Couture
    The Crow (before Franklin Got To Him)

5. sprite

sprite Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    wrandelei silva

rampage

royce gracie

diego sanchez

nick diaz

6. Tko4

Tko4 Left high kick Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Cro Cop
    Shogun
    Jiu-jitsu Bean

7. Tko4

Jul 19, 2004
    Oh, I also like Rich Franklin, but I think Silva is going to absolutely cave his head in when they fight again.

8. Dostoevsky

Jun 17, 2007
    Do you think Gonzaga will cave in Crocops head again if they rematch?

9. Tko4

Jul 19, 2004
    To be honest, I like the Cop enough that after last fight I thought perhaps he should consider retirement. He's in his 30s and has a very lovely family to think about. He says he is coming back better than ever, and I hope it's the case. But I'm not an ignorant nuthugger, so I know there's a very good chance he could struggle coming off a big shot like that. Sure, he came back from the Randleman KO better than ever. He's a tad older this time, however.
    As we've seen with Wanderlei Silva, big knockouts can really set your career back.

10. Dostoevsky

Jun 17, 2007
    Cause that **** was brutal.....yikes!
    Crocop is only 32 though....Chuck is 37 and Couture is 44!
    A.Silva is 31 and Franklin is 32........so Crocop really isn't exceptionally old, he says hes retiring after the next 4 fights (Congo included)
    If he gets title shot he may reconsider.

I think GG is the real deal though...I think he will beat randy.

11. Tko4

Jul 19, 2004
    No doubt that GG is the real deal. I can never count Randy out because it's Randy, but on paper, I don't see any way he can beat Gabriel. Gonzaga is bigger, stronger and better on the ground. Couture didn't fare very well against big grapplers in the past.

As for the Cop, he is only 32, but he has a lot of mileage on him. He's been in some kickboxing wars, in a ton of MMA fights and has been brutally KOed twice. The guys above have been in far less fights over the course of their career and haven't taken kickboxing damage. Like they always say, boxing causes more head trauma than MMA because fighters can absorb more punishment.

I hope Cop comes back better than ever, but the fire looked to be gone last time. And if the fire is gone, I would rather see him go enjoy his family. I have nothing but respect for the guy.

12. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:good

13. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005

I have always liked CroCop so maybe I'm biased but he didn't look at all ready or interested in that fight, I believe it was the wake up call he needed and will return to form or atleast pretty close.

14. ryanty22

ryanty22 VRWC Sledgehammer Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    i always liked Bas Rutten from his pancrase days he was awesome to watch and always put on a good showing, Remy Bojanski the flying dutchman untill his last few fights was amazing to watch jumping around like a spider ****** on meth, and Hong Choi Man just for the freakshow factor is entertaining