Favorite Harold Lederman moment

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, May 11, 2019.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    What are some of your favorite moments of Harold Lederman while he was with HBO boxing? Whether it be his funny comments, excitement, criticism of fights or his reactions to bad scorecards he was always fun to listen to. Mine would have to be this.
    This content is protected

2. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
  3. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    You are classless and evil.

devon2, Sphillips, deadACE and 4 others like this.
  4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    naah, hes cool. he may have taken a joke too far, some of us do that sometime, but hes a solid poster and a stand up guy.

Angler Andrew and DoubleJab666 like this.
  5. zadfrak

zadfrak Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I thought he was having a real nice take on the scoring of the Hopkins--Kovalev fight. Harold was the only guy saying Kovalev was dominating the guy and hopkins was doing nothing. The HBO shills were getting all antsy everytime Hopkins either threw and missed or threw and landed. They were acting like Hopkins---zero knockouts in a decade at that point---was Bob Foster setting traps. As if Hopkins had 1 punch power in both hands. Ever. Let alone at 175 and 49 years old.

That was about the only time there was not a lovefest going on. The typical HBO lovefest. And Harold was being very critical and the rest of the announcing team were acting like Kovalev was falling apart in there.

6. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    To be honest, to have a favorite Harold Lederman moment to recount is to have a memory of one of his terrible scorecards.
    I'm seriously of the thought that maybe he had bad eye sight and just judges on aggressiveness most of the time.

My favorite Lederman moment is his scorecard of the first Marquez-Pacquiao fight.
    In a fight Marquez dominated from the 3rd round on, Harold was one of only two people in the whole world to give Pacquiao 7 rounds in that fight. In other words, on his scorecard Pacquiao wins even without scoring 3 knockdowns of Marquez in the opening round.
    Most Pacquiao diehards scramble to even give Pacquiao 5 rounds in that fight so they can award Pacquiao the fight by a point.

Harold, you were a terrible scorer, but most of us fight fans love you anyways for being a part of our lives as fight fans.

RIP my friend!

Lord!

7. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. I thought the fight was pretty damn close but still a win for Pac IMO. Lederman's score wasn't too off for me. Marquez won the majority of the rounds after round 4 but I thought Pac did enough to win rounds in the late rounds.

I don't always agree with Harold's scorecards but he was a competent judge. Nice to listen to and was very passionate about the sport.

8. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    I thought Harold Lederman's comments on the Andre Dirrell vs Curtis Stevens fight was amusing when he called it "the worst fight he's ever seen his life".

9. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    so you've never laughed at Ricky Gervais or the like?Not something I would say but I've read enough posts of his to know he's a good guy.