Favorite performances Part I

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by zippy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. zippy

zippy Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2007
    The "Favorite Performance Of Joe Louis" thread made me think of this. I was going to start a series of posts, one every so often, each focusing on one fighter.

This week's installment:

Roberto Duran

Name your favorite Duran performance and what makes you like it so much.

I like the second Dejesus fight. One of the most underrated lightweight brawls, Duran may have been better overall the third time around, but never more driven and hellbent on victory. Dejesus was a formidable opponent that day, but nothing was going to hold Duran back. He was as savage here as he ever was, and typifies the animal in the man.

2. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    Ive only seen that third fight in bits , could you post a link for it , if you know one that is , i wanna see it in entirety .

By the way , i still think the first Leonard fight , just because of what he did , moved up and fought one of the very best in that division's history and performed how he did. I think that sometimes the level of oponent comes into analysing someone's best performances. Apart fron the Leonard one though, i agree with you , but i still need to see that third one in entirety though !