Fedor contract with UFC has only one sticking point left

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    (originally posted by MikeFranccis )
    -----------------------------------

According to Gross on the Beatdown, the only sticking point left with Fedor's contract in the UFC is allowing Fedor to fight in Sambo competitions in Russia.

I think UFC should allow this. Werdum was fighting in a grappling tournament a week after his fight against Arlovski.

2. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Well, when you are running a huge promotion like the UFC does, you can't afford to put millions of dollars down in advertising only to have Fedor seperate a shoulder in a SAMBO match a month out from a scheduled appearance headlining a PPV.

3. J_Roth

J_Roth VRWC Hybrid Beaner Full Member

Jan 12, 2005
    I hope they can come to some sort of deal here. Watching Fedor in the UFC would rock. Rematch the CC maybe Couture or Gonzaga. Interesting stuff.

4. Donut62

Donut62 Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Awesome. I imagine they would come to some sort of agreement where Fedor can only have a sambo competition X weeks away from a planned fight. Supposedly guys like Werdum and Monson have a similar deal to fight in ADCC.

5. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Yea Donut is absolutely right. There's no logical reason why Fedor shouldn't have an opportunity to fight in Russia. If Fedor says "**** off" to White i wouldn't be all that upset. Bodog offers him good money and fights in Russia. I'd still want to see him fight in UFC though.

6. Donut62

Donut62 Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Me too. I want what is best for Fedor, though. If Dana White is so unreasonable (not out of the question) that he doesn't allow the best goddamn fighter on the planet a little leeway, shame on him. Having Fedor going back, showing his skills in combat sambo touranaments as a representative of the UFC can only serve to give them a big foothold into a country with an exploding MMA scene. As long as he's not risking injury by fighting when he has an imminent UFC match I see no problem with this.

7. oblate

oblate Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2004
    they should let him fight in sambo tournaments. he really enjoys sambo i remember reading how he really likes that art form and even watching smabo practitioners or something like that. I have seen him in combat sambo tournament they really don't need to worry about him injuring himself he just went through the competition with ease.

8. J_Roth

J_Roth VRWC Hybrid Beaner Full Member

Jan 12, 2005
    :good

9. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Theres really nobody in Combat Sambo that can hurt him, its really only slightly more intense than the average fighters hard sparring sessions.

10. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Fedor should be allowed to feature on a UFC bill in Russia. You can't afford to have him lose, get injured or waste time on something else when he could be having bouts in UFC.

11. iksrtfo

iksrtfo Jedi Knight of Poon Full Member

Jan 30, 2005
    He could do that training.

12. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Obviously but simlpe mathamatics dictate the more risky things he does, the greater the chance he will get injured.

13. iksrtfo

iksrtfo Jedi Knight of Poon Full Member

Jan 30, 2005
    I completely understand that but I just disagree that it should be a sticking point. It's a little more than rolling to be honest.