Felix Cash vs Liam Williams

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james5000, May 2, 2021.

1. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    How does this fight go if its made next.

I think it is super competitive for 6 rounds, but I have Cash breaking him down in the 8-10 rounds for a stoppage, if not straight highlight reel KO.

Cash has better fundamentals and is a harder to hit.
    Cash looked a bit porous in his earlier fights when he was looking for highlight reel KO's but I think as he steps up his defence is looking better,

Williams is a face first type guy and has a great engine, good power but I don't think he is the most durable.

I enjoy watching Williams fight but think he is a bit overrated. He is there to be hit and Cash will take advantage.

2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 The Original 101.3 Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Its a great fight

Today id back Williams slightly but in 18 months i think id be backing Cash

Holler likes this.
  3. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Great fight. Very tough to call but I’d just side with Williams. I think he’ll have learned a lot from the Andrade fight. Cash looked very good last week but I thinks Williams experience in bigger fights will help at this stage.

4. im sparticus

im sparticus He's a good kid. Full Member

May 16, 2010
  5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Williams destroys him as it stands.
    There’s no need to make the fight from either end. I don’t see what good it will do for Williams going back to fight for the British title. As for Cash he’s riding momentum and building a career, why derail it?

6. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    I think Cash tbh. Abit hungrier, I'd say.

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think a couple more step up fights for Cash and he'll be too much for Williams. Cash is the bigger man, probably a natural super middleweight. He's also got better ring IQ imo. Williams has one trick and that's to try and put it on his opponent and overwhelm them with his work rate but i just think Cash would be too savvy for that. He handled Welborn (albeit shot) relatively easily who has a similar approach.

8. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I don't reckon Liam will be in a hurry to take this one and I don't blame him. That was a hard night against Andrade and Williams will want a good break and a couple of looseners before he goes into another bruiser which a fight with Cash will absolutely be.
    Don't tell our pal Jurgen, but I'll pay to watch it if it's made.

EJC83 and lefthook82 like this.
  9. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I think Williams as it stands has too much. Cash has struggled with pressure before - Cullen was up in his face and pushing him around for a bit until he gassed from body shots. I imagine that Williams would be able to sustain that pressure and probably force a stoppage, but Cash is on a good trajectory as things stand.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  10. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    I am surprised so many have picked Williams.

I just don't think he's that good.

Jack Cullen was a bit of a fire fight but Cullen has good whiskers. I never really thought Cullen was going to win, but surprised it went as long as it did.

Cullens punches never had the same effect as Cash's.

I think Williams would go a similar way only think Williams might rough up Cash a bit more.

Williams hits a lot harder than Cullen but isn't as durable imo

11. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Williams hits harder than Cash too imo.
    I think Williams would do more of a job on Cullen actually.

Not saying Williams has no chanc I think it's 60/40 in Cash's favour

EJC83 likes this.