Felix Trinidad Signs to Fight Roy Jones Jr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thread Stealer, Aug 13, 2007.

1. jlrivera81

jlrivera81 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2007
    I love Tito and all, but damn is this a dumb decision. He has no chance in hell of beating Roy Jones. I remember when Tito said if he beat Bernard, the ultimate goal would be to fight Jones. Back then, I thought he would absolutely get murdered. Now that he has been out of the game for a few years now, he is definitely getting killed. It's not that Jones has been all that impressive lately, but Jones is clearly a better fighter than Tito.

2. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Tito should rematch Hopkins :lol:

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I'll add this: Tito will have to go back into retirement after January 26th. Very bad move by him.

4. BigReg

BigReg Broad Street Bully Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Tell this to William Joppy

5. Jinx

Jinx Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2004
    you laugh but that's a more winnable fight at this point for Tito than a still-quick Jones...Tito has never looked good against a much quicker guy, and i'd rather see Tito at 160 against the Taylor/Pavlik winner...

6. Maxime

Maxime Sweet Science Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Can you imagine if RJJ get's Knocked Out by a former welterweight. We would never hear the end of RJJ's glass chin.

:rofl:

7. Chiko_Tech

Chiko_Tech Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Old news i say it erlier here that trinidad had sing a contract to fight Roy is in endi.com a very reliable source is the news paper all around puerto rico. and now is in the public mouth, but the fight was a done deal since yesterday.

8. Jinx

Jinx Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Joppy will say Tito's handwraps had rocks in them...

9. bigG

bigG Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2006
    neither impress me anymore...but if the fight is at a lighter weight, rjj will be the more drained, the least able to fight at a pace that suits his style.....and, regardless of weight, tito can bang...dont write trinidad off in this one...IF it comes off...

10. Jose FM

Jose FM Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Joppy stood right in front on him, Jones doesnt fight like that.:good

11. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    The fight taking place is okay, it just has to be put in perspective. It can still be entertaining or at least intriguing, it just doesn't have much bearing on the boxing in terms of the real top fighters around today.

12. Jose FM

Jose FM Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2007
    I agree, i mean there is still fan interest but no real historical significance.

13. ZabKlitschko

ZabKlitschko Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I think it goes unsaid but Roy's goal with this fight is to lure Hopkins into fighting him.

14. Boom_Boom

Boom_Boom R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12 Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
  15. Kojiro

Kojiro Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Trinidad is a devastating puncher no doubt, but at lower weights. I don't believe he could KO Jones. Jones was KTFOed by Tarver, that's true, but that was a lucky shot which would probably KO most heavyweights.

On the other hand even the current faded Roy should have enough power to crack Tito's not too sturdy chin.

Jones TKO9