Ferguson v Oliveira breakdown

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Dec 13, 2020.

1. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Proves Fergie was never as elite as Khabib:

2. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    How? When did khabib fight oliveira?

3. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Khabib is one of the greatest fighters of all-time Toney has tons of flaws, the blueprint on how to beat him is there, Khabib was awesome.

4. Suspect.chin

Dec 3, 2017
    I didnt say khabib wasnt good, i dont see how oliveira beating tony proves that tony wasnt as good as khabib because khabib hasnt faught oliveira himself.
    Get over your khabib fetish.

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Khabib had a brilliant ground game and dominated everyone he fought.

6. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Tony showed amazing heart to not tap to that arm bar. Disappointing that he lost but tough as nails as usual. He goes to the back of the line now and will probably have to fight some guys like Felder etc etc to regroup and see what he has left.

Oliveira was absolutely amazing. Even though I would pick Khabib to beat him I would much rather Oliviera get a shot at the title against Khabib than the winner of Conor-Poirier who have both already had their shot at Khabib and did nothing and got stopped. Oliviera has won 8 on the bounce. It's so unfair that some fighters go on these long long win streaks but get passed over for undeserving clowns like Conor etc etc and sometimes people get title shots coming off losses such as Nick DIVA Diaz. Is this a sport or a popularity contest ? Even if Conor beats Poirier he still has not done enough to be the top contender.

mark ant likes this.
  7. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    I Loaded up on Charles after watching UFC embedded. Tony's face and physic, while fit looked more like he was 46 instead of 36. Even before he started getting mauled it looked like he couldn't pull the trigger compared to the hand speed and movement he used against RDA and others.

Deew likes this.
  8. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I don`t know if you`re talking about foot movement because he was always easy to hit.

9. Suspect.chin

Dec 3, 2017
    Agreed

mark ant likes this.
  10. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Doesnt prove that at all. It just as much proves Tony is finished. The only thing we know is that we'll never know how the fight would've went down in their primes

Suspect.chin likes this.
  11. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    I agree. I'm a big Tony fan, but both this fight and the Gaethje fight he looked terrible; his chest looked different, he looked weaker and far older and his movements lack the zip he once had.

Tony is a bit crazy, and maybe his own training regime, no sparring for over half a decade, stuff like making weight twice out of stubbornness and, you know, occasionally entering into a paranoid delusional state and running around the woods like a werewolf to escape the shadow people for a few weeks at a time has taken something from his game. . .

Suspect.chin likes this.