Ferguson vs Kabib

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Ph33rknot, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    With the way this coronavirus global psy-op is going, Khabib/Ferguson is going to get cancelled for the 5th time. The only MMA you're going to get is fighting some 300 Ib shehulk over some toilet paper. Don't forget to get tested and give up your DNA to private companies while you're at it; i'm sure no one's going to use that information to create DNA/ethnic specific viruses in the future. But don't worry, when they crash the economy, you can subscribe to UFC fight pass with the new phoenix Rothschild digital currency!

But yeah, I don't expect we're going to get much mma in the near future. That goes for boxing and everything else, too. Have fun watching youtube. :/

2. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I think the ability to work in the guard is more important

3. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    UFC has yet to cancel events but it's going to take a miracle for Khabib v TFerg not to get pushed back yet again and the next few months at least are going to suck with no fights or sport of any kind

4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    khabib. 155 khabib gonna have to run into one and get knocked cold to lose. 170, everybody knows what i think.

5. Ph33rknot

Mar 5, 2012
    Uh ok
    This content is protected

Samart'sTeep likes this.
  6. Ph33rknot

Mar 5, 2012
  7. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    On the off chance that this actually happens, i'd have to favor Khabib. Tony certainly is far more well rounded and really doesn't have a glaring weakness aside from his defensive vulnerabilities on the feet.

But Khabib is just so dominant in what he does. I don't think he's gotten the credit he deserves in terms of how he's revolutionized ground and pound. The way he ties up his opponent's near or far arm, leaving them only one arm to try to block with while they're getting battered. He can do this from a half guard, where he uses his knee to pin an arm down while landing shots. Or from mount while he reaches behind his opponent's back to trap an arm and punching that now exposed side. Or from an near or far arm wrist ride while his opponent is in the turtle position.

He also does a great job of figure fouring his opponent's legs together to prevent them from scrambling or wall walking like he did to Conor when his back was against the cage. He's no Damian Maia, but he's proven he's not a bad submission grappler either, holdings submission wins over Poirer, McGregor, Johnson and Shalorus.

I could see Tony battering him from his guard with elbows, overwhelming him with chaining submission attempts from his back; then and finally finishing him on the feet or hurting him bad enough that Khabib shoots and exposes his neck to a guillotine or a darce choke from the front headlock position.

But I think, more likely, Khabib's unrivaled control and ground and pound will wear Tony down for a unanimous decision or a late 5th round stoppage. I think this will be a modern day version of Fedor vs Noguiera 1. Anyway, I doubt it's going to happen, but here's to hoping.

Ecks likes this.
  8. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    I wanna see this fight, but it deserves a sold out crowd to add to the atmosphere.

Gatekeeper, Francis75 and Ph33rknot like this.
  9. Ph33rknot

Mar 5, 2012
    I would pay to watch a gym feed

Suspect.chin and Yoel Romero like this.
  10. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    I just dint see how khabib can possibly win

POTUS likes this.
  11. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I think it's cool, crowd or not
    :zpong:

Ecks and Suspect.chin like this.
  12. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Togan said he wont be commentating on it.
    That will be a bit strange.

POTUS likes this.
  13. Cobbs83

Cobbs83 Member banned Full Member

Mar 3, 2020
    khabib runs thru him and dominates him before stopping him in round 3 or 4.. only way I see khabib losing a fight is by a lucky punch or injury/ getting caught submission in the current 155 division. low chance he loses in the next 2-3 years.

gdm likes this.
  14. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Who is Togan?

15. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Togan is the guy who commentates for UFC and is mates with the boss Dana Shite and that conspiracy guy Eddie Drugo

Suspect.chin and POTUS like this.