FFS wilder!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by smithshaun, Dec 8, 2019.

1. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Since June all we have been hearing from wilder is 1 champion 1 name 1 face blah blah,. Obviously thought Ruiz would win again and then it would be easy pickings for undisputed glory suddenly wilder sees Joshua outclass Ruiz and then says he can't see the fight ever happening what the **** , wilder is full of **** he clearly doesn't want any of Joshua however much his fans of think he does. I pray fury beats him in the rematch because I think we will see the big 1for all the belts. Wilder carry on fighting nobodies and old men you and your alter ego are pussies!

Dangerwood84 and Beez like this.
  2. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    And AJs side has immediately moved to start ducking again with the “no one cares about Wilder” lines. Both sides as bad as each other

Odins beard, Momus and DON1 like this.
  3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    He's right - nobody does care about Wilder.

Wilder hasn't got an ounce of bottle, never has. He probably sleeps with that belt.

Fury rematch won't happen, it'll be another pudding. If it did, and Fury won, at least Fury would fight AJ as the money would be too much to turn down.

Beez likes this.
  4. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Even the most die hard sky subscriber would struggle to say wilder doesn’t want the Joshua fight with a straight face.
    Everyone wants a piece of the chinny robot, the ultimate example of low risk high reward

cole27, tdf1974, DON1 and 4 others like this.
  5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Absolutely no reason to think the rematch won't happen. It's on BoxRec already, they've spoken about it for a long time and they've both already fought each other.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    We already know that’s not true though. DAZN offered the guy $100m for the fight and he plain ducked. Then announced the Ortiz fight despite it not being done on the eve of AJ vs Ruiz just to stop people talking about it

TonyHayers likes this.
  7. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Why?

Joshua is the one who’s taken the risks here surely. Klitschko before he had twenty fights. It took Wilder about 35 before he was fighting anyone significantly better than Audley Harrison and even now, as a mid 30’s forty-odd fight veteran he’s beaten nobody better than Ortiz.

The big lesson for Hearn this weekend is that a loss for Joshua makes absolutely no difference to his money making ability. By all accounts business for this fight has been absolutely through the roof. Put Joshua in with Wilder, make new records in terms of cash, and even if Joshua loses the rematch is even bigger.

8. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Exactly. This myth that they want to avoid Wilder as losing kills AJ's drawing power is beyond ridiculous.

When Hearn says "nobody cares about Wilder" his speaking purely on the numbers and comparing to the demand AJ causes.

The fight will happen. After Ruiz 1 there was plenty on here who claimed AJ wouldn't jump straight back into a rematch. Then it was he won't fight Ruiz outside the UK and so on.

9. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Indeed. In the last six months the same tired faces have trotted out:

Matchroom is finished.
    Joshua is finished.
    Ruiz is the champion. He gets to choose where they fight.
    No way will Joshua go straight into a rematch.
    No way will it happen in Saudi Arabia.
    They’ve jumped the gun announcing it. Ruiz won’t go to Saudi Arabia.
    Joshua is going to get battered again.
    Business for this will be terrible.
    Twenty five quid?!?!? This won’t sell at all.
    Ruiz is looking so good. 2/1 is literally the greatest bet of all time.
    I’ve remortgaged my house to back Ruiz.
    No, I’m not particularly concerned. I think he had a bowling ball under his sombrero.

Net result: Joshua wins by miles. The fight is the biggest seller in British history. Some people never learn.

10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    There isn’t going to be one name one champion. Wilders mandatory is Fury and Joshua now faces a battle to keep one of the WBO/IBF beats. He has to fight Usyk within 180 days and IBF could order the exact same for Pulev. I’ve said all along Usyk will be steered to the vacant WBO early next year

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Nobody in America cares about Wilder or AJ or heavyweight boxing really. I'm convinced if Wilder came to England and fought on sky he would fill an arena and do good numbers on the PPV side of things. That is based purely on the hype Joshua generates. Look at Whyte for example, they built him on the fact he landed a punch on AJ.

Wilder need to eat humble pie and sign with Matchroom.

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  12. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    On a related note, if BT are trying to drum up interest in the Wilder Fury rematch why was Wilder Ortiz II on Sky?

crixus85 likes this.
  13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Not really. Matchroom offered 100m and Wilder turned it down. They obviously have no interest in making the fight and lined up 3 fights in Ortiz rematch, Fury rematch and Kownacki.

14. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    I would agree with that but it's not a good look that AJ filled MSG. Wilder has never filled an arena that size and his American.

I still think Wilder with a better promoter would be box office. A guy with that destructive power should be box office.

Oreet Cha! and TonyHayers like this.
  15. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    I want to know what happened to the itv PBC deal.

crixus85 likes this.