Fight of the Week #12: Leonard v. Hagler

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mrkoolkevin, Jan 7, 2019.

1. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    LOL! How would you know? you havent so much as watched it and YOU are telling ME, that it's biased???

How can a video that slows down the action and dispells myths, be biased?

it's only biased to the biased SRL fans who cant accept reality, and that their man didn't WIN most of the rounds; he LOST most of the rounds

time to get your eyes checked sonny!

2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I have watched it...
    And that's not how you win a pro fight.
    It's how you win an amateur fight

I can judge with my own eyes that Leonard won the first 4 rounds.

And regardless, It gave Hagler punches that would've been taken of for Leonard, and disregarded Leonard punches that actually landed.

BIASED

3. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    why try to confuse the rules for professional and amateur boxing?

scoring is always how you win fights, pro or amateur. it's how leonard won decisions. it's how Ali won decisions. its how Robinson won decisions

so why discriminate against Hagler when he uses the same method against an opponent, even if its an opponent you favor?

bias should never enter into the scoring

and a slowed down video that clearly shows cuffs, misses, slaps, low blows, or hitting after the bell, cant be legit

of course you're going to object; your man came out on the losing end taking the rules into consideration

the same rules for discounting punches were likewise applied to Hagler. You just failed to take notice

4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I'm not. Your argument is that a biased punch counter decides who wins the rounds. How is that not amateur boxing?

And for Pros punch stats isn't everything. There are multiple ways of scoring a fight.
    Scoring points? Yes. You get them points by winning rounds, you don't have to land the most punches per round to win rounds. And the video again was biased. Clearly biased.
    See above.
    No it's really not. They won decisions by winning rounds.
    I don't...
    He didn't.
    I don't favour either. Tommy Hearns is my favourite member of the fab 4, I like Hagler and Leonard equally.
    It didn't, on my end. It clearly did in the video.
    My man? I like both of them, no more than eachother. I can just score a fight.
    No. I did notice. The bias.

Jel likes this.
  5. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    since the events of a video that are shown in the actual sequence, the video can't be biased

and since the video has been been paused with each set of blows, showing which the actual scoring blows then I hate to tell you this but grazes, dont count

misses dont count

slaps dont count

low blows dont count

after the bell is too late and not allowed

You simply CANT redefine the rules for scoring points and winning rounds after 32 years when the evidence shows your man lost a fight that mistakenly thought won and then went out to brag about it

6. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    what ways are there besides scoring punches?

I never believed that Willie Pep won a round by not throwing a single punch. If he was had been outscored then he lost that round