FightClub OC: Andreas Katzourakis vs. Christian Aguirre & Sean García vs. Anthony Torres RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 6, 2018.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Top of the hour. :thumbsup:

This content is protected

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This card was originally supposed to be headlined by 11-0 Ukrainian super welterweight Serhii Bohachuk, who received a call up to appear on the Brækhus vs. Lopes undercard this Saturday instead (although I don't believe his bout will be aired on HBO, so in terms of exposure this actually seems more of a downgrade)...against the same opponent, I believe, and demoted from an 8- to a 6-rounder.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Live stream:

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Apparently this is a mixed pro boxing & MMA card...gross.

Current bout in progress is Devin Brollock (white trunks) vs. Richie Palomino (green), under the latter discipline.

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Devin Brock def. Richie Palomino via unanimous decision.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Sean García vs. Anthony Torres, 4 rounds @ super bantamweight

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    "Sugar Rush" Sean García is the younger (just eighteen years old) brother of Golden Boy hype job "Kingry" García. Unlike his brother Ryan, he's a southpaw. The hand speed, however, is purportedly a family trademark.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    New link btw:

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 1

Dominance early on from García, working the right jab into the face of Torres and hooking off it as he trots rightward. Quick lead right hooks on the face by García, becoming less and less respectful of Torres' power and/or sharpness as the fellow lefty's counters all roll off his shoulders. García is cracking the shell patiently, gliding counterclockwise and pecking Torres' guard apart gradually. Torres is staying in a tight ball, left arm bent and ready to step in with uppercuts while range-finding with a jab.

10-9 García

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 2

García is continuing to work from outside, dropping in jabs on the nose, just over the knuckle padding of Torres' right glove held in front of his mouth. García is twitch-feinting and then stepping to his right and whipping Torres across the face with quick hooks. García turning over his punches nicely but can't fully stiffen them up while his feet are moving, and he is reticent to plant himself as Torres remains coiled and ready to strike - even though all his attempts fall short or hit gloves.

10-9 García

20-18 García

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 3

García is going into defensive mode now, apparently shoring up his energy for the final stanza, eschewing virtually all of his offense besides a lightly flicked jab and keeping his arms down by his sides as he circles, with Torres applying heavy pressure. Torres winging big lefts up top behind the jab. Torres never quite able to pin García into the corner or against the ropes but marching him down nonstop and getting a piece of him with his long 1-2s. BIG right hook at the bell from Torres, cinching up the frame, which García seems moreover to have willingly given away to him.

10-9 Torres

29-28 García

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 4

García is being pressed across the ring in diagonals, but is now uncorking big quick lacrosse stick left hands whenever Torres strays too near. García is walking him onto left hand counters over & over, but Torres is getting some licks of his own in, desperately lunging in with a pivot to deliver right hooks, uncaring if they only graze, just hell bent on making contact and keeping García on his toes. García able to avoid the big shots and keep popping in pot shot counters until the final bell.

10-9 García

39-37 García

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Official cards:

couldn't exactly make them out, but all three scorecards were the same - I'll just assume 39-37 x3 (as Torres clearly won round 3)

UD for Sean García

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    "Sugar Rush" has Canelo's trainer.