Fighter of the year is....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tis4u2envy, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    If Mayweather stops Hatton then mayweather but if it is anything other then that I would say Cotto.

2. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
    So if hatton stops mayweather after beating castillo he shouldn't be fighter of the year :huh

3. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Mikkel Kessler would beat all two/three of them on the same night. Perhaps even simultaneously.

4. Punisher33

Punisher33 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Sam Peter or Kelly Pavlik

5. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I agree with Kelly Pavlik being right up there...

But SAMUEL PETER?:yikes

6. Punisher33

Punisher33 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 8, 2007
    His domination of James Toney and his comback victory over Mccline were amzaing, hes definitely keeping the Heavyweight division exciting. I know Peter shouldnt be fighter of the year, but he had a good year. Pavlik deserves it the most, unless PBF knocks Hatton out.:good

7. toffeejack

toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Pavlik up to now but the winner of Hatton/Mayweather it will be.

8. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    Point well taken:good

9. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Why? Hatton has no shot, it's a cherry picked fight for Mayweather and Mayweather is going to dominate him and stop him, it's no 'super fight', it's a mismatch.

Cotto is fighter of the year, Pavlik shouldn't even be considered just for starching Taylor and Calzaghe is in the top 3 for becoming a divisions first undisputed champion, a historical event.

10. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    He'll definitely stop Hatton. But it's only going to surprise some people because they actually believe Hatton a P4P talent and a super durable guy, quite far from the truth, he's not a P4P elite talent and he can easily be hurt and stopped by a sharp counter puncher.

11. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    the winner of hatton floyd

12. toffeejack

toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    To be honest I was split between Pavlik and Cotto it could be either really up to now. The reason I didn't choose Joe was because even though the Kessler win was the best win of his career, it's only 1 fight (I dismiss the manfredo one).

Hatton is going to prove you wrong, I can't believe how much you underestimate him and it will be fight of the year.

13. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    Honestly, I think Mayweather's style and defensive/counter-punching approach prevents him from being involved in a FOTY-type fight.

14. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    I can't believe how much ANY of you OVERRATE Hatton. Christ, the guy is not good against slick counter punchers and he's about to fight the best example of that style in the business, and a guy who can absolutely hurt and stun him with sharp, accurate blows all night long.

Joe became the first undisputed SMW ever, that's a bigger relevance than defeating Ricky Hatton, maybe you'll see how limited Hatton is after he gets raped by Mayweather and doesn't win 1 minute of 1 round.

Then people will just flip over Floyd, only for Floyd to lose against Cotto if he even has the balls to take a real challenge.:lol::patsch

And yet, right now, they talk of Cotto's limitations while pimping Hatton!:patsch

15. BobDigi5060

BobDigi5060 East Side MMA Full Member

Feb 7, 2006