Fighters that seemed content with a 'moral victory'

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lefthook82, Dec 20, 2020.

1. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    One thing i always respect hatton for. He might have got knocked out early by pacman...but he never at any point stopped trying to win. Weather it was against mayweather or pacman he always went out on his shield.

These guys nowadays turn up resigned to losing. Their tactics alone tell you that.

Smith might have got stopped and beat early if he really tried to win it on saturday...but people can respect that...this whole we,ll give nothing away and hope to catch them with the few shots we throw tactics isnt even giving you a chance to win the fight.

Col Mortimer and Potwash like this.
  2. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I quite like Jamie Moore given he's relatively new to the game, done OK by Frampton who is past prime and Shane Mcguigan seems to genuinely improve those who join his camp.

3. AgentDRL

AgentDRL New Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2009
    The 2nd Kelly Pavlik / Jermain Taylor fight in 2008 springs to mind for me...

4. venbox

venbox Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Roy Jones in the third Tarver fight, just happy to go the distance.

Sonny1 likes this.
  5. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    This is why I admire Eggington, whoever you put him in with he comes out swinging. It's cost him his model looks and a fair few brain cells but he's usually good value for money.

On a higher level, it's why I like GGG, the guy only comes to win. Halfway through GGG v Alvarez 2 he realises it's not working, he could have easily just carried on as he was but he didn't want to lose those belts and fought a great second half of the fight that deserved to see him "and still" in my eyes.

Col Mortimer and bbjc like this.