Fighters Who Later Turned Soft And Became Reluctant To Take risks?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sephiroth Rising 7, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Make the Cold War great again. Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Shawn Porter
    Danny Garcia
    Manny Pacquiao
    Demetrius Andrade
    Alex Povetkin ( bet he won't pop dirty for AJ)
    Kovalev, Beterbiev, Bivol, Gvozdyk none of these guys have or will fight each other and they are all in the same division.

2. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    When did Ward fight Cloud? :lol:

Mayweather is a guy that started taking the path of least resistance.

3. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Spot on.

4. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Wlad and Rigo are the least willing to take the risk fighters I have seen since I've been following boxing.

Rigo is not really as applicable to this thread as he's always been that way, but his first couple of fights he'd come out banging a bit, later on he would almost literally not throw anything that isn't a counter punch other than a pawing, weak, non landing jab if you want to count that.

Wlad is a better example since he fought with more bravado early in his career, got KO'd and after that it was literally nothing but a jab (which is very safe to use since he'd almost always be superior in that aspect) and in a blue moon a right hand if it's 100% safe to throw.

These two have prolonged quite a few fights they could have ended much earlier purely because they didn't want to take that 0.0001% risk that the other guy might KO them.

5. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    AJ falls into this category now too, he was a KO seeker early in his career, after tasting the canvas against Wlad, he's become a lot more safety minded I've noticed in the Parker fight.

6. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    he never fought top fighters to begin with. cherry picked powerless or small bums until getting a title shot, then ran from the rematch like it was Jason from Friday the 13th.