Fighters who would never quit on their stool

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Eggman, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
  2. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    he had wax in his ears actually, he couldn't hear and it made him spit his gumshield out an stuff

aaalbert likes this.
  3. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Really?

4. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    what I heard anyway

aaalbert likes this.
  5. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Um, we forgetting one of the baddest mofos out there? Antonio Margarito anyone?

C.J. likes this.
  6. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Will extend it to maybe fighters who have retired in the past 5 years. Anymore and the list would go crazy.

mikkel Kessler
    Paulie (forcibly pulled against Hatton and fought 9 rounds with a broken jaw against cotto)
    Eubank jnr (gets slagged but he is a tough mofo)

7. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    an earlier poster made a valid point about the guilty or not guilty regarding hand wraps.
    If you knew you had concrete in your gloves it’s gonna inflate your confidence 10 fold

I have personally had the displeasure of meeting brother Nazeem and he is crazy. Would not surprise me if he is lying

C.J. likes this.
  8. M.3

M.3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2014
    You don't know CJ huh? He's going to go on about Naazim lying, corruption, blocks falling out the gloves, Mosley was on drugs, his personal friend Margarito was innocent, and he might bring up Floyd being scared too.. It's a copy and paste job when it comes to Margarito and CJ...lol

9. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Yeah, absolutely. Can't imagine him quitting in the fight whether he is deadly tired, or battered and badly hurt, or outclassed completely (like Chisaora was against Fury in the fight where he quit)

Also, Povetkin never quit.

As for the former fightes, people underestimate Wladimir Klitschko's heart. He never ever quit in the ring, always got up from knockdowns and wanted to fight on. People probably don't give him well deserved credit in this part because he fought catiuosly. But he never quit

10. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Still, Margarito took some hellacious beatings. And we know for a fact that he didn´t have tampered hand wraps against Mosley and Manny.
    If there ever was a fight that someone could have rightfully quit in, it was Margarito against Manny. That was just a brutal affair. Magarito had his moments, but after the 8th round it was all Manny.
    In the 10th, even light jabs from Manny were pushing Margarito backwards and off balance. In those later rounds, every solid punch Manny landed, made Margarito stumble a bit.
    Ridiculous courage.

11. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Any fighter conscious and intelligent enough to realize that in certain situations there's more chance of suffering permanent brain damage than actually pulling off a miracle comeback and decides to live to fight another day has my respect. Unfortunately far too many suffer post-career for not being able to quit when it was necessary.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  12. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    This is true.....for him it,s more dangerous to sit on a small stool than to get ko,d

Aydamn likes this.
  13. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    I agree with BigBone

You can tell the guys who "never quit" because in their 40s they are more likely to be punch drunk and incoherent.

When we value stupid things in boxing we reinforce stupid results.

14. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    I say this once a month

how is Oliver McCall at 57 still ranked just outside the top 50!!!

15. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    At the risk of turning this thread too grim...you could say anyone who died or was severely injured in the ring that didn't call it off themselves