Fighting Saturday

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Machiavelli, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Machiavelli

Machiavelli The White Lion Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Boxed and lived in the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area. Boxing out here is a lot more prominent, man, real talk.

2. Machiavelli

Machiavelli The White Lion Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    First and foremost, let me say, injuries suck dick.

It was an RSC in the third round due to a separated shoulder I suffered half way through the second round. It literally popped out on me, but I guess my pride or stupidity wouldn't let me stop. The ref gave me a ****ing standing 8 even though my opponent was on the other side of the ring, and even had the audacity to ask if I wanted to stop.

Between rounds my coach asked about it, and kept asking if I wanted to stop. Obviously, my answer was a resounding "**** no!" over and over again, even though my right was practically numb.

Go out for the fourth, and was scoring pretty well with my jab and landed a few good counter left uppercuts inside of his jab, then the ref just jumps in and stops it. Needless to say, I was a LITTLE pissed.

After the fight, the doctor checks my shoulder, says I should get it x-rayed so on and so forth. Later I found out I was ahead pretty clearly on all the scorecards when the ****ing fight was stopped. I could've danced around for a minute and been alright, but I guess they were just worried about my shoulder. Oh well, **** happens.

Felt pretty good until my shoulder gave out on me. I started a little wild, as it was my first fight in a while, but I got everything under control, and I feel like I did some good inside work. I feel really strong at this weight, as everything I threw with any conviction made him shell up, and tentative to throw any shots at me. I could've worked off the jab more, but I guess I WANTED to draw him into a fight, so I could see how hard I could bang at this lower weight.

I'll be getting a rematch as soon as I get done rehabbing this shoulder.

3. Dennis

Dennis Gym Rat Full Member

Jul 12, 2006
    The ref did a good job in stopping it judging from your story. You could've been hurt bad if he let it continue. At least you know for yourself you could have won the fight. **** him up in the rematch.:good

4. itliangladiator

itliangladiator Active Member Full Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Sucks about the shoulder...but nothing u could have done about it. How long do they think you will be out for? They probably don't even want you to shadowbox do they?

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Right there is some valuable experience that you picked up.

Maybe you'll remember this day when if it happens in the pros and you fight smart until you get the W!

6. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I like.