Fights To Make Next

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by oranges430, Oct 22, 2020.

1. oranges430

oranges430 New Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2012
    With Teofimo beating Lomachenko at the weekend and assuming the next crop of potential stars all win their upcoming fights (Haney vs Gamboa, Gervonta vs Santa Cruz, Ryan Garcia vs Campbell), should they fight each other next? And who against who? Could maybe add Shakur Stevenson to the list.

Lopez seemed up for taking on any of them during his post-fight press conference but I'm not so sure about the others.

2. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Davis is by far the best right after lopez. Garcia is trash and haney looks bad too. None of them stands even a slightest chance against lopez.

3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Fury-Joshua
    Beterbiev-Bibol
    Smith-Benavidez
    Jermell-Rosario
    Spence-Manny
    Taylor-Ramirez
    Berchelt-Davis
    Santa Cruz-Warrington
    Tanaka-Mthalane
    Teraji-Kyoguchi

HolDat likes this.
  4. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    I dont think Lopez sticks around at 135 unless they throw money at him for a Loma rematch

5. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I’d honestly be shocked if any of the top lightweights fight each other next

velagod, drenlou and HolDat like this.
  6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    All they do is talk.

Street Disciple likes this.
  7. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I think the smartest thing for Lopez is to go straight after Haney as soon as that eye is healed.

Wouldn't mind Loma vs LSC, that would be great action and (assuming LSC loses to Davis) the fasttrack back to title contention for the winner. I'm guessing that's a tough one to make on the business side.

8. Street Disciple

Street Disciple New Member banned Full Member

Oct 21, 2020
    This ^

What's gonna happen is Lopez/Haney/Garcia/Davis will all be facing the likes of Yuriorkis Gamboa, Felix Verdejo, Lee Selby, Ricky Burns, Alberto Machado.

So don't get your hopes up expecting them to face each other, it won't happen.

Toney F*** U likes this.