FightZone TV - Thoughts so far

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jun 11, 2021.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Have subscribed for this form the start of the channel, mainly because I wanted to support something that benefits small hall boxing after the pandemic.

Haven't been watching entire cards, but on each card the last one or two fights have been very well matched contests. The opening show Myron Mills vs Lucas Ballingall was a brilliant tear up for the English Lightweight title.

Tonight Derrick Osaze vs Tyler Denny has been a very entertaining fight, with Tyler Denny outboxing Osaze and winning on points. No shithousery with the scorecard with the prospect losing.

The production value has been genuinely very good, HD quality on the stream. Punditry has been good with them operating almost a rolling door with different people coming on during the evening. Antony Crolla and Dave Allen currently analysing. I actually think Dave Allen is quite good as a pundit.

They have got cards on every single Friday night, and some Saturday. All cards so far have been Dennis Hobson, but soon shows coming from Sam Kynoch, Steve Wood and Alfie Warren.

Overall very good value entertainment for the subscription fee, may not be watching "Future Superstars" but the fights are well matched at Domestic level. I would fully reccomend anyone to sign up.

2. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    The main event between Windle and McCubbin they are putting on a brilliant show. Scottish lad brought a good few down

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I think its decent. No bells an whistles but better fights than we get sold on tv imo.

4. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    If you want to watch domestic tear ups it is a great platform imo.

This fight here is very entertaining knew 0 about either lad 40 minutes ago

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    It’s brilliant value, I missed last nights show after the covid jab knocked me out with sleep, but every other one has been really enjoyable, I too haven’t watched them all from 5pm but have watched the main cards where it has been pretty much all well matched domestic fights, I subscribed for a month to begin with but have already changed it to the annual to show them support, if you enjoy domestic boxing you really can’t go wrong for £55 a year.

6. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah have thought it has been a really enjoyable addition to my Fridays. The commentary seems to have less narrative than the big boys which is nice.

Sunny Edward's came on for the little men fight at the end. He is actually very good as a pundit. Given I knew 0 about the lads fighting in the main event it was certainly entertaining.

7. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    The Fightzone schedule's gone a bit thin hasnt it ? Started off ok and there's a Commonwealth Featherweight Title fight next Saturday but some of the padding that theyve had recently , and coming up, is real bargain basement stuff ( IBA Continental Championship Boxing from Riga ). I know it's only a fiver but that's £3 more than Dazn, who have deeper pockets of course, but this is complete junk. A real shame really, has the money dried up already ?

8. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    I really enjoyed the initial set of headline fights. But as you said, the schedule has disappeared.

rezzer likes this.
  9. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Cos theres been covid restrictions I can give them a squeeze. Hobsons car park stuff fitted well at the time but Hobson can't put on a show every week.
    They have now given contracts to quite a few of the fighters who have appeared so far and I expect there to be some kind of long term plan involved here.
    Give it some more time yet, for me. I'm happy so far, I know DAZN is cheaper but it ain't staying that way we all know that.
    Fightzone also gives us a chance to support small hall boxing in a way that's affordable to us.

rezzer likes this.
  10. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    I paid the upfront yearly because I wanted to give money to small hall. Hopefully their autumn schedule will pick up a bit.

Dazn will end up a tenner won't it?

im sparticus likes this.
  11. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I think their schedule will pick up yes. They have shows scheduled and it's unfair to expect one every single week, I don't mind a lull or two within a year, and they have done the odd x2 shows a week.
    They are investing back into the sport by offering contracts to some of the boxers too. Also it's just coming back after pandemic theres been a lot of debutant and we may get to see them progress

TBC-ASAP likes this.
  12. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

13. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Very good if they get this done

14. Astro

Astro Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I think Fightzone is doing a good job. Lot s of C and D boxers gets a chance in the spotlight.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  15. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Agreed.