Figure It Out - Pacquiao´s Power.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Badbot, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011

So, lads. Help me figure this one out.
    According to the brilliance that is @JOKER, Pacquiao was more powerful vs Hatton than he was vs De La Hoya.
    He stated that Pac lost power because he was 4lbs heavier.

Usually when guys put on extra weight, they become stronger as they move up in weight. It´s just that the KO´s stop coming as frequently because bigger guys can take a better shot(Pacquiao´s run at 147 is a great example of that).
    But the Joker is arguing that Pacquiao was somehow "less powerful" vs De La Hoya, because he weight 4lbs more. How exactly does this work?

By that logic, if Pac weighed in at 140 he might actually stop a welterweight again :lol:

2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019

:lol:

3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I have no reason to look into it, and just draw the conclusion you're both wrong. Which on any subject has a high probability anyway.

4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I assume what he was trying to say that at light welter he has more impact than at welter, because well he isn't a natural welter and natural welters will take his power better than a light welter.

Much like how Nigel Benn's power at middleweight was more impressive than at Super middle. Sure he was heavier and probably hit just as hard if not harder but these bigger opponents took the power better than the middleweights.

5. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

I agree with you

6. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

Biggest loser on the forum by the way. Have a nice day moron.

7. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Alex Ariza will tell you Pacquiao wasn’t at his best vs Hoya. The jump being within the timeframe that it was, mean’t it was basically just a 135lber without cutting down. definitely not enough time to acclimate his muscles to the weight.

In relation to Hatton. You always get a lot stronger working down. Why guys bulk up, then when you burn down, you keep a lot of the mechanical strength your body is accustomed to, while gaining speed, i.e more power. That’s what Ariza did with Pacquiao for Marg, built him up then burned him down into condensed fibers.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  8. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Yet your mom's addicted to my pole. And you're still the dumbest poster on this forum.

:bananaride

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  9. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Why would anyone listen to this idiot? According to him Lucas Matthysse was a great win and was in prime form against pac.

Badbot likes this.
  10. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    You mad that me and your mom were too loud last night?

11. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Matthysse was coming off of a knockout win against the tough and durable Taylor. And the random Thai guy. He was in the best shape of his life according to him. On fight night, Matthysse's punches were quick and he threw nice combos with the same pop he's always had. Matthysse didn't try to walk down Manny as per his usual strategy. Instead, he tried to box Manny and Manny killed him with speed and power.

But you hate Manny, TIT, and worship super PED cheats like Clenelo and Floyd, so of course your loser ass will discredit the victory.

box33 and Quina74 like this.
  12. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I only have 2 words for you, Jeff Horn. lol

Reinhardt likes this.
  13. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

When a fighter moves up, the first question is almost always whether the power will carry up and be effective.

If Inoue declared he was going to 126, that would be the first question.

14. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Sure, TIT. Except the overwhelming majority of fans, fighters, and media had Pac beating Horn.

I have 3 words for you: you're a moron.

:lol:

box33 likes this.
  15. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Moron, who do you think punches harder?

140 Pac or 160 Pac?