Filip Hrgović - where does he fit in the HW puzzle?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Sep 12, 2018.

1. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Eh, when you drop the fight challenge bomb, you've kinda gotta be open to all possibilities. Besides, they have an MMA forum on here too.

Anyway, it's all negotiable. If Galvy as the challenged party insists on MMA rules, I think it's fair as long as he makes accommodations to ib on something else. Maybe he gives a bigger cut of the purse to ib, or fights in ibs hometown. Or he gives up MMA request to fight in his own hometown etc. It's all negotiable. Let's make it happen!

2. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    Kinda sounds 50/50 to me. Ib sounds naturally larger and more in shape. MMA rules I'd pick Galvy, boxing I might make ib a slight favorite. Iksab and I are in for 50 each to contribute to a purse to make it happen, you?

3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    STFU, moron/troll (whichever you are)

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    They robbed him of his Olympic silver medal and his opportunity to contest the gold

This content is protected

Robbed him against this clown, the same clown who they robbed Big Joe Joyce against in the final. A clown who wears shoes like these :shakehead:

lepinthehood and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  5. marting

marting Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    He does remind one of Vitali. The way he circles his extended left to measure and distract. Gets his hands back quickly when he punches. Fights tall. Uses his energy efficiently. Occasionally throws a classic straight right with full shoulder roll. Good balance. He's like a Vitali with good knees. Good movement. Slides around the ring smoothly for a big guy.

Cons.... Professionally inexperienced. Sometimes he drops his hands when backs up. Mansour is the best fighter he's faced in the pros but being it was only his 6th pro fight that's amazing and concerning. There's a lot he hasn't seen yet. There are a lot of unanswered questions still. How does he handle adversity? What's he like in the 11th round of a highly competitive fight. From here on out the fighters he'll face are most likely going to be better, tougher, and more dangerous.

I see a lot of upside. A lot.

Slowhand and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  6. andrewa1

Apr 8, 2013
    Ha! Coming from you, that's rich. How many banworthy things have you done in this thread, that you can avoid because you are a mod? It's amusing to see you try to squirm from a trap of your own making now. How about you offer terms to @GALVATRON ? Afraid he'll actually take you up on it?

GALVATRON likes this.
  7. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    That's another good thing about the HW division ... some of the past amateur rivalries can be revisited. Looking forward to Dychko trying to avenge some past losses.

http://amateur-boxing.strefa.pl/Records/Dychko_Ivan.html

Didn't realize he lost twice to Kuzmin. I get the feeling Kuzmin was more formidable a few years back than he is now ... maybe he's let his conditioning slip and lost a bit of motivation, which doesn't translate into anything good over additional rounds.

GALVATRON and Serge like this.
  8. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    That sounds okay. Count in another 100 to the table!

andrewa1 likes this.
  9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah Hrgovic, Joyce, Dychko, Yoka, Ajagba, Zhilei Zhang, Jalolov, and Pfeiffer amongst others have all turned over and all have the opportunity to revisit some old rivalries and avenge previous losses. I'm sure some of them are going to be crossing each other's paths again. Savon and Omarov need to turn over too.

I haven't been paying that close attention to Kuzmin but I do think he's a good fighter and he's shed some of the flab and got himself into better shape of late so that should help with his conditioning. He also holds wins over Cammarelle, Joyce andOmarov in the amateurs in addition to the ones over Dychko.

As for Dychko, he looks to be sitting on his shots more since he's turned over and hitting with a lot more authority.

kostya by ko likes this.
  10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Hrgovic won that fight 2-1, taking the 1st and the 3rd round. If this was a pro fight, Yoka would lose via TKO inside six rounds as he was gassing

11. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I can drink a KEG of beer and still knock the troll mod out in less then 3 minutes...he WONT get out of round one .

I know this bc I don't even fight guys under 220 pounds and and no one under 170 has ever lasted a full 3 rounds in one minute rounds not to mention I HAVE actually sparred guys like Yuri Vaulin and fought Wilder opponents in no rules situations and put Klitchkos sparring partner on ice and actually retired him in a no rules guy was 6'3 250 pounds of solid muscle...so if this idiot want to actually fight ..well you cant fix stupid and anyone betting money on him is an idiot...lol.

in truth he shouldn't persue this despite my own temptation to drill him bc im kind of tired of the internet warriors around here and other site so, personally I have MUCH better things to do but I will knock this clown into next year and it WAS his OWN doing....lmao

12. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012

13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Alright, enough. No more Galvatron vs. IB stuff in the Hrgović thread - it has already been hampered plenty (and nearly derailed, if not for the heroic efforts of guys like @Serge & @Mendoza to keep it on track....with 37 of the 87 replies in here relating to it rather than centering on Hrgović).

I'm spinning out the "Galoot & I" saga to its own thread, in the Suggestions & Requests sub-forum (couldn't really think of where else it fit :nusenuse)

Any more posts on that subject in here will get a soft deletion with a polite warning. Past that, ban.

Discuss it all you want in the separate thread. Unless your only contribution is, like andrewa1, making the odiously moronic suggestion that it ought to be under MMA rules (or likening the "weapon of choice" in bygone eras of gentlemanly dueling to allowing someone in the present day to choose a combat discipline that a challenge issuer has never even trained in, as though tangible items like weapons and complexly-woven mental constructs involving both abstract components and hands-on experiential learning such as martial arts were interchangeable :ohno)

14. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Wow, that fight against Yorka was a total ripoff. WTF!

15. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Hrgovic is a top prospect at this point but still just a prospect. He seems to have improved quite a bit since hooking up with his Cuban coach. He definitely can make it higher than top 30. I don't think I'd make him a betting favorite over AJ assuming he doesn't improve a huge amount at least not a prime AJ but AJ will probably be past his prime if and when they fight. Would he beat Kownacki right now? Hard to say because Kownacki has wins over Szpilka, Kiladze and Martin whereas Hrgovic's best win is against an opponent way past his prime. The Croat is a work in progress but he indeed is progressing. Other heavyweights e.g. Joyce, Dubois, Yoka might be the next big thing and render the Croatian as a pretender instead of contender but Hrgovic is one to keep an eye on. Definitely worth a youtube / daily motion look.