Filip Hrgovic vs Demsey McKean

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Jul 9, 2021.

1. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Isn't what what i said Gimpy?

2. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    What Hearns says is just talk. There's been nothing official otherwise it would have been reported. If the IBF went to team Ruiz with a request to face Hrgovic in a final eliminator , that offer would have went out to media outlets.
    Re: Kaybael who is ranked top 10. . What was he offered? Was he offered anything? Whre does Hrgovic get the money to pay all these names that are bigger than him? You don't understand how the sport works if you believe he was ducked by the entire top 15

3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Why would they go to media outlets if the offers were declined, breaking news "Fighter A isn't fighting fighter B?" If there were negotiations then yes it would likely be reported as both sides have agreed to try and come to terms but because it never likely got to that stage it's no point reporting it as nobody wants to know if a fight isn't happening only if a fight is possibly happening.

Hearn never mentioned Kabayal specifically to my knowledge so I doubt an offer was made and even if an offer was made why would we even know what the terms were. This McKean fight has been reported yet we don't know the terms do we, you're being selective in what you want and do not want to believe to fit your opinion. Can't take social media interview as real news, even though it's the main source of news for most people, Christ how many fights first get confirmed when a fighter or promoter tweets it?

Now I never said the whole top 15 are ducking Hrgovic that's just a sweeping generalisation by Hearn but he is saying he's having trouble securing a fight among the top 15 IBF ranked heavies and I'm inclined to believe him because the IBF first mandated Hrgovic/Martin in Jan this year so 7 months later and we still don't have an eliminator? Either Hearn is the laziest promoter on the planet or he's struggling to secure someone to face Hrgovic in this eliminator.

Where does Hearn get the money? I don't know that 9 figure deal he made with DAZN perhaps, yeah I'm sure Matchrooma nd DAZN can't come up with the money it's not like Ruiz is making huge money, he only got a guarantee for 1.5 mill vs Arreola. Ortiz what is he making now $300 per fight maybe not even that, he's only made good money when he fought Wilder and even that wasn't that much.

4. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Thats their job. If the IBF requested Ruiz to take part in a final eliminator it would be known about by the like of Scene etc.. Its literally their job to report on these things.
    Ok , so you said the rest of the top 15 ducked the fight. I misread that part. Nobody knows if Kayabel or Otto Wallin were even approached. Its not right to throw everybody body under the bus.
    All we know for fact is Hunter , Martin and Yoka turned it down.. Thats 3 contenders , not 15. .
    This content is protected

There's no money in a fight with Hrgovic and he stands to take a 60% cut being the higher ranked contender. . somebody like Ruiz is not going to fight Hrgovic for a small cut of a small purse.

This content is protected

5. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    No thats whats you're doing. You can't call Wallin and Kaybel duckers if there is no evidence to prove they were ever approached about the fight. We know McKean is happening because he was officially approached and it was reported on by a main news source. So unless you have proof that Wallin , Joyce , Ruiz , Kaybel , Hughie etc were offered the fight , there is no call to out them as duckers. . And Eddie's word isn't final say. He doesn't work for the IBF. The IBF order their own final eliminators and when they do the media always reports on it.

6. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    So social media can be believed if it's suits your opinion but not if it doesn't. You go on about it being only valid if it's reported but then post a link about a twitter conversation, WTF at least be consistent in your argument.

7. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    Never called Kaybal or Wallin duckers again you're misquoting me and you are regurgitating stuff I've already addressed like Joyce clearly having other options. I'm beginning to think you've been replaced with a Russian or Chinese Bot designed to spam boxing forums with the same argument over and over again.

8. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Thats Martin Bakole's trainer. Did i not agree that Bakole did not accept?. I am consistent , just posting the reason why Bakole rejected it.

9. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    So Martin Bakoke trainers says something it's real Eddie Hearn says something it's fake, if you can't see the double standard there, it's pointless continuing this conversation.

10. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    You said the rest of the top 15 ducked , that would include Kaybal and Wallin. . it wasn't a misquote , it was a direct quote so do you want to correct yourself now?

11. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Hey idiot , Bakole's managers tweet reaffirmed what Eddie said.. Are you seriously this stupid?

12. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    Why are you getting me to repeat what I said over and over again how many times do I have to explain the same thing to you over and over again!

I said the ducking the top 15 was a quote from Hearn I simply repeated what he said and also replied specifically stating that it was a sweeping generalisation and that clearly guys like Joyce who has better options and Parker who wasn't even probably offered the fight as Hearn wants Parker/Chisora 2 are not included. When I say ducking the top 15 I only mean guys that are actually available and who were approached.

So again I did not mean the full top 15 you have to use some common sense when reading such statements. For example if I say everyone is ducking Hrgovic that doesn't mean Hrgovic is ducking my grand mother even though technically you could view it that way if you want to take things literally. I assumed people would have common sense and be able to read between the lines but clearly I was expecting too much from you DIno.

13. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    No not really it recontextualises to make it look good for his fighter.

Hearn said an offer to Bakole was made for Aug, they asked for more time to prepare, so Hearn gives them more time saying how about Sept, they then according to Hearn say we want a warm up.

Dean Reilly says they were offered a dangerous fight with little time to prepare, doesn't even mention Hearn gave them more time to prepare in that tweet or that they then supposedly asked for a warm up.

Reilly tries and twists it to make it sound good for his fighter but he doesn't really do a good job. Maybe it was a **** offer, maybe Hearn is lying but he doesn't say any of that.

14. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Stop hiding behind Eddie Hearns quote. You're your own man and you said what you said which was this -

For you to say that it means you believe all the guys I mentioned turned down the fight , but theres no evidence they did so you just parroted what you heard somebody say like a lemming. Thats all there is to it.

15. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    The Bakole situation is over. Stop repeating yoursef. That carriage left the station multiple posts back after i agreed with you that Bakole turned it down.. It seems you want to draw out this situation because its the only instance where you feel you are right.