Filip Hrgovic vs Efe Ajagba, who would win?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CroBox29, Apr 11, 2021.

Filip Hrgovic vs Efe Ajagba.

This poll will close on Apr 9, 2031 at 4:36 AM.
  1. Filip Hrgovic by UD/SD

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Filip Hrgovic by KO/TKO

34 vote(s)
    77.3%
  3. Efe Ajagba by UD/SD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Efe Ajagba by KO/TKO

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Who would win if these two fighters met in the ring now? I think that Ajagba has more power than Hrgovic, what is your opinion?

2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hrgovic I think. Very well rounded and has good power of his own. Will be good to see how he gets on against Hunter though, that's a very good test for him.

3. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Hrgovic and Hunter are having difficulty reaching a deal. The purse bid which was scheduled for last week got postponed until a later date.

If either guy doesn't agree to fight they will lose their mandatory status.

An extended negotiation period has been granted for the IBF title eliminator between Michael Hunter II and Filip Hrgovic, sanctioning body officials confirmed to *******.com on Tuesday. The bout was due to serve as the subject of a purse bid hearing to have been held Tuesday afternoon, with both sides requesting more time in hopes of reaching a deal.

“The rescheduled date will be announced at a later time if necessary,” noted the sanctioning body to all IBF-registered promoters, a copy of which has been obtained by *******.com

With the sanctioned eliminator officially ordered, neither boxer can accept an interim fight.

sasto, CroBox29 and Brixton Bomber like this.
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Missmatch and a easy KO win for Hrgovic. Ajagba is limited and chinny.

5. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    If Hrgovic beats Hunter decisively you'd have to favour him albeit Ajagba carries threat.

TipNom, MarkusFlorez99 and CroBox29 like this.
  6. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Hrgovic wins by KO, Ajagbe has a Michael Grant vibe about him and I think he would make light work of him in a fun fight.

7. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Literally. Efe Ajagba is another Michael Grant from what i can tell. Their about the same size and both are extremely methodical and big punchers. I dont know if Ajagba necessarily has a vulnerable chin like Grant but we'll see

8. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Right now - Hrgovic seems to be pretty complete boxer in the Vitali mold. Ajagba's power is formidable and he aces the eye test as much as anybody in recent memory - but it's pretty clear he's still a bit basic. He leveled Brian Howard on Saturday because - for some strange reason - Brian Howard momentarily mistook himself for David Haye and his opponent for Audley Harrison. So Efe gave him exactly what that situation called for.

OTOH, he struggled a bit with Johnny Rice who is still more or less in his prime and is a reasonable boxer who has been in there with the likes of Makhmudov and Yoka. Johnny is a good gatekeeperish fighter - but no contender.

Hrgovic is not Brian Howard or Iago Kiladze. Efe probably doesn't get a shot off against Hrgovic like he did against those guys and if Rice could get some good shots landing on Efe - he's giving Hrgovic enough to work with for a stop at his current state of development.

It's also worth pointing out that right now there is a pretty big disparity in the effectiveness of Efe's left and right hands.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    sasto likes this.
  9. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Ajagba is a good prospect but as others have said he's a bit vulnerable. Hrgovic late stoppage or decision.

10. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Chinny? Kiladze dropped him, yes, but that was a flash knockdown and Efe was not obviously hurt. Maybe there was another incident I'm not aware of?

11. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    The Stoneman with brutal KO like he does to Michael Hunter.

destruction likes this.
  12. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Why would ajaba take this fight with hrgovic coming off his first loss?

13. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I am not even an Hrgovic fan and I say the Croatian by a country mile.

14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Agagba is stiffer than a board and so easy to hit flush.

Hrgovic breaks him down and stops him prior to mid rounds.

It would be an easy fight for Hrgovic.

Hrgovic is being avoided for a reason. All the elite HWs are busy fighting 40 year olds instead.