Filip Hrgovic vs. Tony Yoka

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Professor, Jan 10, 2022.

Who wins Yoka vs. Hrgovic and How?

1. Hrgovic by KO

61 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. Hrgovic by Decision

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. DRAW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yoka by KO

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Yoka by Decision

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    @DramaShow How will it be via robbery if Yoka KOes Hrgovic?

2. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    I was referring to the fact Yoka won the Gold via Robbery against Joe Joyce, which is why he highlighted that in your post.

For Yoka Hrgovic, I think Hrgovic wins via late stoppage, but Yoka has more experience in the professional ranks, so it'll be an interesting fight for sure.

3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm not sold on either yet but I am more convinced by Hrgovic's ability as a pro then Yoka's. Yoka still has an amateurish style, hands high, get off first, he doesn't move his head, doesn't counter punch.

I think Yoka's edge in speed, tighter guard and movement will win him the first half of the fight but Hrgovic will slowly break him down and as Yoka tires Hrgovic will take over. Yoka's lack of counter punching means it's in Hrgovic's interest to press as Yoka won't throw when backing up, the more Yoka is backed up the more Hrgovic will take over and eventually he'll stop Yoka.

4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Yoka will pull out with an injury a few weeks before the fight and it never gets rescheduled.
    Or he fails to agree financial terms

If by some miracle this happens then Hrgovic shatters glass jawed Yoka’s chin into a million shards of glass.

Hrgovic KO in 7

5. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    Hrgovic Ko's him in 5.

6. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Good on Yoka. Hrgovic wins. I thought the fight with Bakole was going to get rearranged though.

7. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Decision win Hrgovic although if in France he might be struggling.

8. Koli55

Koli55 Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    I predict a horrible, terrifying and frightening KO. Let's pray for Tony.

red corner likes this.
  9. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    He looks like he might be packing glass. He looks like a giant version of Amir Khan physique wise.

But Hrgovic looks very hittable and Yoka can punch.

It' an interesting matchup. I'm leaning towards Yoka based on a slightly higher level of competition as a pro. Might be meaningless on the night, but I find it difficult to just back Hrgovic on the little I've seen of him thus far.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  10. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    Why? No no one dodges his punches and Hrgovic takes a good punch, It will be an A@@ kicking, and over soon.

11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    The Khan comparison might very well ring true. Like Khan he's got a lot of athletic ability, relies on getting off first, has no counter punching and his idea of defence is to just shell up behind his guard just like Khan. We'll have to wait and see if he has the durability of tissue paper and the ring IQ of an amoeba like Khan.

Maybe Yoka's speed and movement can see him keep Hrgovic at a distance but what I saw in Rio suggests Hrgovic can score regularly enough to win rounds and then likely break him down. But I guess we'll see.

12. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Yoka has a good chance. I favor Hrgovic by KO though.

13. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    I think Yoka is a better boxer so he will win rounds. The question is whether or not he can take the Hrgovic power. If he can he will win the fight because Hrgovic isn't winning a decision. I don't think he can. Hrgovic by KO.