Finally Usyk has talked about his future

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Sep 22, 2022.

1. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
  2. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
  3. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Canelo has said several times before that he wants to fight Usyk so, Usyk isn't calling him out, more like he is responding to a call out.

The Real Lance likes this.
  4. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Usyk getting rather lippy of late.

5. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Hes the most accomplished active fighter in the sport. He can talk **** because he walked the walk.

6. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Nqh, he doesn't need to prove anything. European, World, Olympic champion, 335-15 records in the amateurs. Undisputed CW in record time. He knows his limit and knows he can't continue fighting at HW bar 1-2 more times, which he clearly said.
    The guy will be 36 in just 3 months. To me he is already on the slide since he move to the HW. But very soon the decline will become too much, too fast.
    Fury or Wilder and then goodbye fight in Ukraine and that's it. Canelo won't fight him, that's 100% sure.

7. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    :lol:

8. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    You know we agree on 99% of the things, but it's not a good look when he said that he fights Canelo but not interested in any other HWs, apart from Fury.

If he fights 3 more fights, all should be top 5 guys.

You try to ignore some of the things that he said, even the interviewer asked him, why not fight some other guys, with different styles and there was no real answer, sadly.

I get that he is getting old, but we have other guys who is older than him and still fighting with hunger.

box33 likes this.
  9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    AJ grabbed Usyk's belts from him and his trainer, walked across to the other side of the ring and hurled them out of it like a petulant little brat who needs a good slap, then walked back over to Usyk and his trainer and shoulder barged the later trying to start a fight with him at which point he had to be restrained, including by unhinged loon Chisora, and was shouting don't F with me as he was trying to break free. Usyk's trainer is a senior citizen and half AJ's size. And Usyk is getting lippy by accurately describing how he felt at the time and what went down? :facepalm:

Femi did indeed have to go back to ''The Ends" as a loser. Tough titty big man

Usyk was extremely gracious to him after that despicable display of poor sportsmanship

And oftentimes these translations aren't even accurate. I've seen native speakers criticize even the official ones on Usyk's channel many times

10. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Good post highlighting more than just one point & agreed there's so many challengers out there for him along with always having new one's on the horizon,

Where in a time now where whenever a fighter achieves something decent or great that right after he is ready to bail out for retirement as a quick exit, guess we have been spoiled by so many past fighter's compared to today's i have to keep a hold of my "0" like the Virgin Mary Generation that are Brainwashed.

11. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Canelo :lol:.. he didn't really say he wants a Canelo fight did he lmao

12. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  13. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Same when G called out
    You know he wants that paycheck

14. Caliboxing

Caliboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Canelo, lol? Bring it on but I'd rather him fight Wilder if he stays on top and a few other to HW's. At his rate, 3 fights would take 3 years.

15. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    It would be hilarious if he actually fought Fury or Wilder, then Canelo afterwards.
    For people that say he's at fault for 'calling out' Canelo, Usyk didn't call him out, Usyk is responding to Canelo's call out. He knows it's not a legacy fight but he's happy to take the money from the spoiled cheater brat while beating him to a pulp. What's wrong with that? Canelo thinks he can beat Usyk, so it will teach him a lesson.

Banana-Rama and lordlosh like this.