Finally...

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by RDJ, Jan 10, 2010.

1. HairyHighlander

HairyHighlander BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ?? Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Yeah is cool, given you were 0-2 the pressure and nerves would certainly be there. ( didnt want to mention )

Treat every round like its the last round, you have no concerns over energy.

Btw, this herpes.....coldsores you mean ?

2. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    the first few fights i had i thought there was about 20000 steps to get in the ring and i felt tired after a bit of a warm up.
    once you're relaxed your fine:bbb

3. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Indeed. I work on this in sparring but unfortunately it's the difference between sparring and fighting that causes it in the first place. Having lost my first two definitely added pressure.

No. I mean herpes zoster, a skin infection :|

It's mild in my case though, and it looks like it'll pass over without causing much of delay in training. I can't spar for now, obviously.

4. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    It is no problem what so ever.

After fight BJ's arnt always healthy

:lol::lol:

shut up

RDJ only watched breifly you just looked tense you just need to be first.

5. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    It's not that kind of herpes :twisted:

Yeah I know man, my trainer told me that after round two as well. Don't just feint, let your hands go. My feints and movement work, when I look at the video I see countless openings that I could and should have capitalised on. But I guess that's good, I just need to work on it.

Watch the rest though, it gets a bit better later on.

6. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Will watch through it later, looked a good wee scrap

7. OZ Puncher

OZ Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Watched fight and though you handled the pressure beautifully and loved your counter hooks. I saw it as a clear win for you also.

8. taj-09

taj-09 Guest

Its the truth, neither fighter landed punches. How can you pick a wineer.

No head movement, no punching, going back in a straight line, standing upright all the time. Frozen stiff like he dropped a turd in his daks. No footwork, no angels, standing infront of opponent all day and not punching. Where do i end.

Its constructive criticism.

Im not going to say he faught well when he didnt. RDJ was lucky to get the win.

9. OZ Puncher

OZ Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Taj. It's his third fight. I wasn't expecting Muhammad Ali. Upload a video of yourself in your third fight, if you are more technically sound.

10. SouthpawSlayer

SouthpawSlayer Im coming for you Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    nice rdj, if that right counter you threw at 4.43 landed it was sweet not 100% if it landed or if it was him off balance

from what i remember i thought you boxed better in your other fight you have posted

11. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004

By all means, show us how it's done in your 3rd fight, I'm sure by the way you talk you have vast amounts of experience and can give us all a lesson in a skilled novice.

12. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    That landed, it was a nice punch :)

Seriously? I thought I boxed better this time. But this guy was very strong, perhaps that made me more gunshy than in fight number one.

13. SouthpawSlayer

SouthpawSlayer Im coming for you Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    ill rewatch the other one and let you know it was a long time ago i watched it

14. Mohak

Mohak RIP Smokin' Joe Full Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Good job mate.:good

15. HTownTexan

HTownTexan Guest

Pathetic **** man....

Sorry don't wanna get banned again but really, dude, you need to take the front foot to win a fight man.