Fiordigiglio v Eggington

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Oreet Cha!, Sep 20, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Was Eggington still with Jon Pegg?

2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I saw it and was delighted for him, I like Eggington, he has his flaws and limitations but he's never in boring fights and he's always game for a tear up. Became a boxer because he wanted to earn more money than his delivery job gave him to help him and his young family have a better life, battered Frankie Gavin and went further than most expected, there's a lot to like about him.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    A good Egg mate

EJC83 and Scissors like this.
  4. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Yes he is

CutThroatFade likes this.
  5. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Did he choose him because he also has egg in his name?

GencoA, Scissors and Smudge_ like this.
  6. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Dennis Hogan did a lot better than Smith did against Munguia. Smith wouldnt beat Hogan, let alone Munguia. He isnt world level anymore.

CST80 and Inglis_1 like this.
  7. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Anymore? When was he to start with?

NasalSpray likes this.
  8. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I was surprised how featherfisted Smith looked against Munguia, infact he couldn't even throw a proper punch. I remember watching it and cringing at how repetitive and dull he was, showed great grit and toughness but that was all he had. Munguia is overrated as hell to make it worse. I don't really want to watch Liam again to be honest.

Eggington - Good grief :hang How can Brooks name even be mentioned with him.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    CST80 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    You don’t want to watch Liam Smith again? He’s one of the best British fighters to watch! He’s very rarely in a dull fight.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  10. Devon Dog

Devon Dog Member Full Member

Dec 29, 2017
    I am pleased he won and this fight was unrated and under billed !
    What an amazing place to stage a fight Florence Tuscany !

11. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Maybe I was a bit harsh but not sure I want to watch him against the better fighters again.Vargas and Brook could be interesting but everyone saying Brook is done and Vargas isn't that great and smaller.

12. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    People do say brook is done but if you done a poll on here to see who would win between Brook and Smith I reckon it would be in excess of 75% picking Brook.

Smith has never had the credit he deserves, I don’t know whether it’s because he’s scouse and the rest of the country hates us or what. To this day people rave about Liam Williams and how great he is, the first fight might have been a contentious ending but there is no way Williams was seeing out that fight. Smith had broken him and was coming on very, very strong. The second fight Smith done a proper number on him. Yet all this hype and praise STILL for Williams. Don’t get me wrong Williams is a very good fighter but that should reflect how good Smith is too. He didn’t disgrace himself against Munguia who’s absolutely huge for the weight and a monster puncher and he didn’t do too bad against Canelo. May have got stopped but he showed a lot of heart and grit in that Fight.

I’m not saying Smith is an elite level fighter but he’s certainly fringe world level, game as **** and always entertaining. He deserves a lot more credit/respect.

13. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Smith couldn’t miss all night with certain shots landing clean regualarly. I still say if he had more power he would have stopped him. Tbh after seeing a couple of his fights I think Munguia is a heavy ko waiting to happen.

Scissors likes this.
  14. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Benn v Eggington would be a great fight if Benn fights at 154

15. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Benn at 154?! He's too small for 147!