"First time I feel like I was in a fight"-Mikey Garcia

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bandeedo, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    What?

2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    you know, why talk boxing when we can gossip about men instead. sure its a boxing thread about mikey garcia, but thats guy talk. us girls can talk about the things that turn us on about other posters instead. like how bandeedo is such a bad boy... you know, he also beat up a guy for interrupting his food truck dinner.......hes dreamy.

3. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Ease up on the extreme takes man.

4. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    What an odd comment. He never felt like he was in a fight before? That insults all his other opponents.

Bustajay likes this.
  5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Ok, you go first !!!!!

6. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i get really turned on by how youre not embarrassed to act like a gossiping teen all day in such a macho place, its a boxing site, ffs. i think its sexy.

7. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Literally came from the gym 1h ago.

8. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i apologize. may i suggest a real boxing coach who can teach you the "secrets" of boxing.

9. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    I wasn't saying that Mikey doesn't fight off of the back foot, he did the whole night vs Lipiniets.
    But Mikey likes to catch and shoot. Or to just explode while timing his opponents footwork. Say you step in and he punches before you can settle in on your stance.

Mikey has never really taken a step back the way Spence did to him. Spence stood squared up with him, didn't even seek the outside leg position. He matched toes to toes and thus was able to utilize his reach to the max. When Garcia tried to close in, Spence stepped back whie keeping the jab in Mikeys face. I have never seen Mikey fight that way.
    But as I said, maybe he learned from this.

Bustajay and bandeedo like this.
  10. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I’m sorry that happen to you in lock up :comp4:bro as that is horrific
    Stay strong

bandeedo likes this.
  11. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    well at first it was just what i thought now i have some proof his first loss go check it out in the ams

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  12. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    here is what went wrong. i wrote this pre fight. mikey could not keep the fight at mid range because spence fought uncharacteristically from the outside, where i noted that mikey could not beat him. my mistake was underestimating spences corner and overestimating the garcia corner. derrik james outsmarted the garcia camp.
    you can also see where mikey failed. the few times mikey had some success, was when he was allowed to work where i said he would, and his team prepared him to, but spence didnt keep the fight there, he kept it where mikey couldnt reach him. credit to his team for having the answers the garcias didnt.

greynotsoold likes this.
  13. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    I knew Spence was going to keep his lead hand in Mikey's face all night long. He absolutely dominated Peterson the same way. He just kept touching Peterson's(and Garcias) lead hand, landing the occasional clean jab. But the idea wasn't to land the jab, but to keep Peterson's guard pinned to his face. He did the same thing with Mikey.
    Mikey's high guard is extremely ineffective against someone who utilizes the lead hand same as Spence does. This is why I believe Loma would do a number on Mikey as well. Just look at how much success Lipiniets had with his jab. He kept it in Mikey's face all night.

But what surprised me was Spence's footwork. I don't think I have ever see a similar tactic. I definitely haven't noticed anything like it. Learn something new all the time.

See! I do know wtf I am talking about :deal:

Bustajay and bandeedo like this.
  14. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Jesus Christ you are ****ing weird man

15. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    so you can see what happened saturday. the only surprises were spences gameplan and mikeys chin, both which proved better than i anticipated.

Badbot likes this.