Fitzgerald v Fowler #2

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Oreet Cha!, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Looks like it could well be on at Deepdale late May 2020.

Eddie and Fitzy were both at Deepdale yesterday for talks. Early days but at least negotiations have begun.
    This content is protected

You need to open this video up full with a click and then open up the bottom right icon, not quite sure why it only posts as half a screen
    This content is protected

Local paper reports this news.
    https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/other-s...wler-rematch-at-deepdale-next-year-1-10078217

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Scissors likes this.
  2. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Would sooner see Cheeseman v Fowler first. Hearn just wants Fitzgerald out of the picture ASAP by the looks of things, so he can hype the hell out of Fowler once more.

3. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yeah, I would like it to be Fitz v Rose (Preston v Blackpool) after 2 hard domestic battles with Fowler v Cheeseman on the undercard, the winner getting the re-match with Fitz.

At least unlike Brook/Khan, Wilder/Joshua, etc, this fight seems to be getting made pronto although I don't really think that Fowler deserves the re-match.

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t think Fowler has ever been hyped that much at all. Cheeseman was by far the favourite and ironically he’s now probably worst off out the three.

I do want to see the fight as the first one was great but i agree with @Oreet Cha! i don’t think Fowler has done anything to deserve it yet and if I was fitz this isn’t a fight I’d want after two massive ones.

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  5. MCFC_EW

MCFC_EW Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Hopefully Fitz vs Rose instead.

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  6. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Hearn definitely favours Fowler and Cheeseman over Fitzgerald, there's no doubt about that. I think he saw them both headlining the 02 and Echo for years to come. If Fowler had beaten Fitzgerald the rematch wouldn't even be mentioned.

7. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Maybe over Fitzgerald but that’s because he’s a mad man! He’s a great boxer and great personality, I like him personally but you can understand on a business man wanting to put all his eggs in the basket with him!

You need to realise that Fowler was winning that fight until the 11th round which is why the rematch is being pushed.

Anyway it’s great for the fans to have these 3 fighting amongst each other.

im sparticus likes this.
  8. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Fitzgerald has beaten Cheeseman and Fowler back to back this year. Let him defend in a Derby against Rose with Cheeseman fighting Fowler - winner fights Fitz.

Also hope Kieron Conway isn't forgotten in all of this either, he looks a good prospect.

9. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Totally agree.
    Only really interested in seeing Fowler fight Fitz again if he can get through Cheeseman.

DON1 likes this.
  10. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    which on its own is a brilliant stand alone fight.

Oreet Cha! and neverheardofher like this.
  11. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Why does Fowler not deserve the rematch? he was winning the fight until the knock down.

I think people don't like Fowler and let that cloud there judgement.

12. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Definitely!
    Winner v Winner & Loser v Loser.
    Which would probably end up Fowler v Fitz 2 anyway but at least we'd get some good fights out of it before jumping straight to the rematch.
    Make it happen Eddie!

Scissors likes this.
  13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    It was a 10 round fight wasn’t it? Interesting to have seen how it would have panned out over 12 rounds though. Would Fitzy have kept it going for the full 12 or would Fowler have come back into it...who knows.

14. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Damn right I don't like Fowler and that I let it cloud my judgement. I don't think anyone likes Fowler. Unbearable bellend of the highest order.

It's a shame that we just managed to get rid of one insufferable cnt in Tony Bellend Bellew, we end up being stuck with another one in Anthony Fowler.

15. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    just hearn trying to get his boy fowler over fitz that's all.. lol