Fitzgerald v Fowler #2

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Oreet Cha!, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I like Fitz, but how on earth is him vs Fowler a stadium fight?

2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Everything is a stadium fight these days because some fighters are delusional and also big dreamers (which there is nothing wrong with).

Smith eyeing up Anfield, Ritson eyeing up St James Park, Fitzy eyeing up Deepdale, Taylor eyeing up Easter Road etc.

Remember when Degale suggested he could fight Saunders at the Emirates? Major delusions.

3. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If and when it happens, if any of you boys are coming up to Preston for the fight and are staying over, I'll be more than happy to take you on a tour, pre and post fight, of Preston's finest drinking establishments at both ends of the spectrum.

It's a great city for drinks and food. Small, compact and everything you could wish for within walking distance, Deepdale itself is only a 20 minute walk from the center.

As to why Deepdale, The Guildhall (Cap around 2100) is currently at the center of a legal dispute (hopefully resolved soon) and is now too small for Fitzgerald. The next biggest stage is Deepdale itself which holds 23,400 for PNE.

So it is either Deepdale or Fitz will be forever fighting "away" which hardly seems fair as he is the British Title holder.

Lets hope that Eddie puts on a proper spanking card. Already, local people with only a passing interest in Boxing are showing interest and wanting to attend Deepdale for Scotts fight, whoever it is against.

Imagine this in May 2020 - North End seal promotion to The Premier League (currently 2nd) followed by Fitzy fighting at Deepdale a few days later! It'll be one enormous Preston Party!!

4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    My old Maths teacher was a huge Preston fan, Kr McKenna. Proper legend. Had a soft spot for them since (I’m from the south).

Though fighting in Manchester would still be considered home, would it not?

5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Eddie can't make him fight anyone, he will be in a fight or possibly 2 or 3 fight deal.
    Eddie offers him the fight, if he takes it that's one fight crossed off the deal, if he doesn't take it, it's still one fight crossed off the deal.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    You’re a good poster and it’s a kind offer but I’ll pass on the tour of Preston thanks!

7. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Haha!

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  8. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I will never ever tire of seeing either this photo or the full fight itself.

G'wan Scott lad!

This content is protected

im sparticus likes this.
  9. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I live in Preston too and you're massively bigging it up there pal! That said, Baluga is full of milfs on a Saturday.

Pop world not so much.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  10. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Where do I sign up! :D

11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Loving your passion for your hometown.

12. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    I’m Preston and always done well in Pop World. 3 bar maids, and countless other night goers.

Had to move on from the 18 year olds from Lava and Ignite, getting too old. Pop World was a happy hunting ground till I met the Mrs.

On this fight, hearing Rose will be st Deepdale but on the undercard against a different Preston fighter. Also one or two other locals on the undercard. It’ll do about 15k I’d imagine.

Oreet Cha! and Scissors like this.
  13. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I think Metcalf is a decent enough opponent not to be considered a stiff if he fights him before Fowler and although I think that Fitzgeralds stock went up slightly more than it should on here, following the Fowler win, I think he beats him.

Patter983 likes this.
  14. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I think another thing worth remembering about the Cheeseman fight is that, just before it, his girl gave birth. However you look at it I don't think there's any doubt that this had an impact on his preparation for the fight.
    This content is protected

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  15. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Haven't got a clue mate