Floyd Admits That He Ducked Antonio Margarito Because God/Something Told Him To...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, Feb 20, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Duran would get inside and throw looping shots right over his defense. He would hit his shoulder so hard and so aggressively that by the middle-later rounds his arm would feel like it's about to fall off.

I cannot possibly describe how bad Mayweather would get just thrashed by standing up on the ropes shoulder rolling like he did against a basic fighter like N'Dou.

2. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Ray was a far more versatile fighter than Mayweather. A fighter who could adapt his style to any fight. He could punch, pressure and box. If Castillo or Madiana tried to bum rush him like they did Floyd they would be face down on the canvas nailed to the floor.

3. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    For me its not about winning, that as far as im concerned isn't an option for Floyd, its whether he could compete after 6-8 rounds. I think Floyd is far tougher than people think, I also think if you could break him then the end would be surprisingly quick, but you have to continually be on him and tenacious, all the things Duran had in an abundance. Theres no proof you can break Floyd, but I feel it would happen in this match up, you'd see his true grit before being overwhelmed

Brixton Bomber and tinman like this.
  4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I can't believe what im reading here. You act is if pbf is a plodding no defense having stiff. Do you honestly think pbf is just going to stand there and let a guy just bully him? When he has the speed reflex and foot speed advantage? You don't think a sharpshooter like pbf isnt going to catch duran coming in? You act like his defense is on pbfs or pea whitaker level. Duran will get hit and outboxed. Much lesser fighters than pbf beat duran. Duram wss easily frustrated and struggled with guys with speed and movement. Pbf unlike srl in their first fight wont fight Durans fight he will fight his and by being first sticking and moving and countering. Pbf is a horrible styles match up for Duran and yes he will fight tall on his ass because that's the smart thing to do to him and pbf is s smart fighter.

Jackman65 and Bokaj like this.
  5. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    This isnt a video game. You cant just say I'm taller and longer so I will use my foot speed and quickness to stay on the outside.

Against a fighter as skilled as Duran he will cut off the ring. The ring is only so big.

6. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Just like duran bum rushed him? Srl lost that 1st fight because he was stupid he played durans game he learned from his mistakes of the 1st fight and in the rematch fought to his strengths. Pbf doesn't play other fighter's games he doesnt give a damn about pleasing the crowd he's obsessed by winning and will fight his fight at all costs that what you don't realize.:deal:

Jackman65 likes this.
  7. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Duran>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Castillo

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    With pbf it's almost like a video game because we never saw him get beat theres no blueprint. However, there is a blueprint out on duran several of them in fact. We saw him get schooled by Benitez get destroyed by hearns beat by de jesus and srl and many others. There's many ways to beat him.

9. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Got it. Floyd is a video game.

10. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Pbf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>de jesus
    Pbf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> benitez
    Pbf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>laing
    Pbf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[>>hearns

11. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    No blueprint never been mastered or beat:deal: a close fight doesn't equal a loss especially a fight in which he was injured in and he won. What happened in the rematch? He beat jlc going away. 50-0-0 deal with it

12. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    These threads are just an invitation to troll and fight. It’s been going on forever and I’ve never seen one person change his mind, from the start to the finish. Everyone states an opinion, others state a contrary opinion and eventually we attack each other verbally. Trying to decide which ATG from one era can beat an ATG from another is impossible. I think Floyd-Duran would have been a great fight. A difficult fight for both guys and probably a close one. If I had a time machine, it would be one of the first fights I’d set up. After buying a bunch of winning lottery tickets and betting on sporting events (because I’d already know the winner by going into the future). I’d eventually get tired of the machine and trade it for a superpower. The ability to fly would be great but I’m leaning towards invisibility. Tough decisions.

13. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Difference is, Benítez and Laing were against Durán was literally wasn't trying or training.

Hearns and DeJesus fight nothing like Floyd. Castillo does fight like Durán.

tinman likes this.
  14. alangjk

alangjk Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2015
    Can really have some interesting conversations when you're alone at night with your God.

15. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I thought you'd matured George & started talking boxing but see youre still a little boy sadly