Floyd Has Beat So Many Great Fighters!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Code Red, Jun 23, 2016.

1. punisher

punisher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Good to great for sure. His resume deserves a lot more credit than some of his haters give. You won't see anyone else come along and have a career like his for quite sometime. Ward is probably the closest one if he can get past Kovalev and clean out 175 while remaining undefeated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Castillo's opponents were not HOF worthy. Very good fighters but certainly not HOF worthy. Moreover, Castillo is not a high-mid level HOF'er. He's on the lowest possible level of HOF because of his borderline resume.

If I had it my way, Castillo would be HOF because of his victory over Mayweather. He was robbed of that.

3. Gannicus

Mar 4, 2014
    - Sure. Oscar, a 2007 154lb version is an absolute comedy.

- 2010 Mosley was ANCIENT. It was 1.5 years after his victory over tailor made Margarito, it was his last great fight. Mosley was a killer in his lightweight days and up until 2003. The difference between Mosley before, and in 2007 (not even 2010) is that before, he was in razor close wars with an ATG in prime Oscar De La Hoya, whereas in 2007, he was in a razor close war with Miguel Cotto. There are many echelons that separate OLDH and Cotto.

- Pacquiao was semi-shot:
    That's what having an aggressive style rising the weight classes being in wars, being knocked out in one of the most brutal manners ever, being slowing down notably since 2011 (especially in the opinion of Mayweather himself who mentions this in such an emphatic way), being a former light flyweight where the expiration date of guys who spend the majority of their career in lower weight classes is quicker, risen up to welterweight where your power, speed, athleticism etc. are echelons lower, having a legitimate shoulder injury that Ellerbe was aware of, a bad camp due to the injury, unable to take a legal painkiller, against a guy naturally bigger than you who apparently was dehydrated and had the T/E ratio of a 128.5 year old man who got an IV which is commonly used in sports to mask PED use. Moreover, the OFFICIAL medical fact is that Pac underwent shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff.

- Hatton is NOT a worthy HOF'er, let alone a low level HOF'er. He should have lost to Collazo. I think if he does get in, it's certainly because of his appeal to the British fans/popularity. Mayweather also took him up to welterweight, and Hatton didn't feel as good at that weight.

- Miguel Cotto is not a high-mid level HOF'er. If he's lucky, he'd get in. This is a pre-Roach trained Cotto who went on to lose badly to Austin Trout, this is not the best version of Cotto (140-147).

- Genaro Hernandez was past prime. Genaro is not a worthy HOF let alone a HIGH-MID level HOF.

- Juan Manuel Marquez was not at-or-near prime. He put on the weight very badly (a position he strongly holds). There is further evidence of that given his sharpness when he went up in weight properly. He was HEAVILY OUTWEIGHED by like 6lbs in the weigh in. It was an awful fight.

That's literally it. You know he doesn't have a great resume when a fat, tiny, heavily outweighed Marquez, a 2010 ancient artefact Mosley, a 2007 considerably past prime De La Hoya and a 2015 version of Pac are his greatest wins. :rofl

4. suckahpunch

suckahpunch New Member Full Member

Jun 23, 2016
    If it wasn't for his personality, I would probably be a fan of Floyd. It's just like with Kobe Bryant or Rousey. To me at least, their personalities come in the way

5. Swollen Liver

Swollen Liver Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Great names sure. But nothing in his prime.

6. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    :deal

7. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    The great fighters Mayweather did beat were past prime. He had problems with Maidana and Maidana had no business having the belt that he won from Broner, I think that speaks for itself. Alvarez was a good win but Canelo wasn't prime yet and has **** footwork. Guerrero was a bull**** fighter, Ortiz was a bull**** fighter and win, Mosley great fighter but past prime and at welterweight, Hatton was trash at welterweight, De la Hoya was well past prime and damn near if not did beat Mayweather, Judah was schooling him for the first half of the fight, Gatti was weeeeell past it, 1 round away from losing to Castillo. Corrales is his best win.

I will give Mayweather credit though he beat many past prime fighters who he would have lost to if they were prime.

8. boxsensei

boxsensei Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Its the same dumb ass excuses from you clowns that don't make any sense. Mayweather fights guys who or or 34, 35 and people call them old and shot even thought they were big money fights that the public craved. But when Mayweather is the same age, he's still in his prime.

Mayweather fights guys and 147, and "he drug themup, they weren't comfortable at the weight" even though Mayweather's best weight was 130. So DLH really drug him up by fighting him at 154. Overall Your arguments are just silly, stupid, hypocritical nonsense.

9. Gannicus

Mar 4, 2014
    I'm not talking nonsense. It's not about age, it's about ring age. HOF Pipino Cuevas for example was finished by age 24. It's FACT that fighters from the lower weight classes lose their prime early, too.

Mayweather's best weight was 130, but he experienced benefits from ring knowledge and experience when he was very good at 147. On the other hand, Oscar was completely past prime (and Mayweather being the B side that night to fight Oscar doesn't change the fact that Oscar was completely and utterly past prime), and I've done more than enough to explain that point for any reasonable mind.

10. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Fvckin 16yo noobie ret@rd.... :patsch

11. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    You went straight into denial mode when reading that post. Try and color it as nice as you can but you simply can't deny the FACT that FLoyd has never beaten a great fighter in his prime and all the big names on his resume, as has been mentioned, were old or past their prime.:deal

12. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Isn't Floyd retired? :think Alas ...

13. DeadLikeMe

DeadLikeMe Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Greatest of his era without a doubt.

14. Hope4Better

Hope4Better Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Jakeoaree...is that you?:think

15. boxsensei

boxsensei Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 19, 2008
    You say Oscar was past prime, but you completely ignore the fact that Mayweather had no business fighting at 154. Its double standards like that that I'm talking about. Everyone else is too small, old, shot, ut Mayweather no matter is age, or weightclass is in his prime.