Floyd Has No Class And Hatton Is A Classy Fellow.then Why The...........

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Toopretty, Sep 21, 2007.

1. KhanB

KhanB Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2006
    See, now ive tried to talk about cultural differences today but now youre assuming that certain posters are currently in the ghetto. Now youre overtepping. From what it sounds anybody from the "ghetto" would fit right in the seedy parts of England with all your "blue collar" cussing. People in the ghetto work too or did you think they all sold drugs?

2. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    The worst I heard was an Aussie/New Zealand cricket match. Apparently one of the Kiwi's had recently lost his sister in a train crash and all he could was aussies making 'choo-choo' noises. Kinda puts a few swear words into perspective.

3. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    :lol: Did I mention ANYTHING of drug use. I have a friend who grew up in a ghetto neighorhood, and that did not make him a drug dealer. Just make him ghetto.

Just beccuae one cusses when they talk doesn't make all equal who cuss when they talk. Just the same if someone white boy or yuppie tried talking in street slang wouldn't make then street. Context, and what's said are the keys.

And my apologies for my offhand remark.

4. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    chris cairns was the new zealand player. i can't quite remember where this allegation came from (it wasn't cairns) the australian players have always vigorously denied this ever happened.

5. KhanB

KhanB Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Thanx for apology. I would never of let that go otherwise. Just bcuz im black doesnt mean i grew up in the ghetto. My parents had to struggle so i could grow in a interacial environment with white and black kids that wasnt the nicest side of town but damn sure wasnt the ghetto. I have a decent job and i try to pay my bills but i still get stereotyped.

6. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I wasn't talking about you personally BTW. But I agree, being sterotyped sucks. Even for Eskimo's in Alaska. Growing up in Bush Alaska isn't exactly the Ritz either. Most people are poor (ish) or live in homes that most people would probably think were crap.

7. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    People need to grow a pair. Swearing is common in Britain.