Floyd Keeps Saying There's no "Blueprint" to beat him...

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Stonehands89, Apr 15, 2010.

1. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Yeah, that's what I've heard about Williams,...the knock against him, is that he dosen't always fight tall and utilize his advantages that effectively.

2. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    He is effective at what he does. But hittable and not the cleverest guy around IMO. Does hit hard and is busy as hell.

Looking forward to his fight with Cintron.

3. Stonehands89

Stonehands89 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Absolultely, but we shouldn't have affirmative action for guys with so few fights and treat them as if they had 140 fights. Experience and longevity are major categories. They still may be "great" but no purist wants to hear Ray Leonard compared to Ray Robinson.

4. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Old Stonehands. :good

5. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    It's the era of immediate gratification, man. I'd bet that people who prefer watching Hopkins to Tyson are more patient by nature. Often older and more intellectually inclined too.

6. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    Thanks.

Let's keep in mind that Freddie is not hiding anything and in fact most of the juice from the first part of the video came right from his mouth in interviews. While his destruction of Oscar, Ricky, and Miguel... are mitigated by those factors and more, Clottey is a different story. Roach is doing what any manager would do. Though I'm not big on his treatment of Shane, he did choose to fight only slightly, seemingly weaker man in Cotto for bundles of money. Manny deserves full credit for that win.

As for Floyd, well, if he continues to fight guys the caliber of Shane and win, I'll be on the bandwagon. I am not convinced that his prior resume made him anything near a world-beater -irregardless of how he "looked" and irregardless of hydration differences.