Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Marcos Maidana + Amir Khan vs Luis Collazo RBR

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Terminator_X, May 3, 2014.

1. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I thought mm did enough personally.remember floyd is a very powerful figure in vegas!!!!!!!.

2. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Also things to note....floyd got caught not only by maidanas unorthodox punches but by his straight shots aswell.and didnt cope early on with his foot and head movement. Constantly held and complained.AND IMO LOOKED FOR A NO CONTEST AFTER THE FOURTH BY TELLING ANYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN THAT HE COULDNT SEE!!!

3. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    EITHER a 117-111 or a 116-112 for Mayweather no way did Maidana win although he fought well

4. RT7

RT7 Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    I assume you mean together? neither have shown in last 18 months - 2 years to suggest they'd beat any version of Mayweather, Pac beat Rios & Bradley but hardly vintage performances

5. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007

I agree, im glad to see theres at least one poster here who watched it with there eyes open lol ;)

Maidana tried every dirty trick in the book and made it kinda competative at times by fighting dirty (even his corner were shouting at him to '' fight dirty'' according to the translation from Mr De Jesus.

Floyd worked out how to counter that MM overhand right (the short left hook) and a lot of them imo looked more like MM aiming for the back of his head rather that trying to catch him the way he caught Broner. Then again Broner was getting caught by a multitude of shots that Floyd would never get caught with. I enjoyed it and props to Floyd in the post fight interviews for refraining from mentioning all the dirty tactics MM used.

As for Broner last night I hoped his defeat last time would have taught him a bit of a lesson with regards to respecting his opponents and taking it seriously but yet again he was more interested in trying to look cool than he was at trying to box his best. I reckon his next fight will be a Maidana rematch and he will get humped again if he tries to fight like he did last night. Khan did well but unfortunately his defensive style which we seen last night comes at a cost, that cost being that he cant attack as efficiently as we know he can and be defensive at the same time. He is much more entertaining when he goes for it but not so much if he uses defense. If he had a good chin he'd be pretty **** hot lol. (and im a big critic of his)

Good night of boxing overall and now........bring on Froch Groves 2 :)

6. Ryan the Lion

Ryan the Lion King of the Jungle Full Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Great night of boxing with Great fights :bbb

7. Ryan the Lion

Dec 10, 2013
    I had a bottle before the Celtic game yesterday :woot

8. Ryan the Lion

Dec 10, 2013
    Poof

9. DanielJFiasco

DanielJFiasco Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Thought Maidana won 3 rounds max. He was game, and all credit to him, but he just didn't land much clean stuff. If you can win rounds just on doing more work, then I reckon the referee won the Khan fight.

I don't think it was close enough to warrant a rematch, and I don't think Maidana would do any better a 2nd time around. Floyd seemed totally comfortable, even in Maidana's most dominant spells and in my opinion he was cruising rather than struggling.

It reminded me of the Hatton fight, bar the ending. Everyone at the time thought Hatton was having success, but when you watch that fight back now without the emotion, Hatton is never really landing much, just charging in and being active. Mayweather was all the time landing right hands at will and retaining control.

10. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013

agreed.

broner aint all that
    khan is top level
    mayweather is beatable

11. Tommy.™

Tommy.™ Active Member Full Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Mayweather won on my scoredcards 116-112. Maidana gave him a good fight.

12. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Manny Steward had Hatton winning the early rounds, and said that he'd never seen Mayweather look so uncomfortable.

But then what did he know about boxing eh ?

RIP Manny

13. DanielJFiasco

DanielJFiasco Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Oh right, I didn't know Manny said that. In that case, my entire opinion and that of everybody who isn't Manny Steward is null and void. I now believe Maidana won the fight handily and was robbed, and Hatton was definitely winning until he got stopped.

Forgive me for making the schoolboy error of watching with my own eyes and forming a subjective opinion based on what I perceived to happen. Who is the Oracle of boxing now Manny has passed on? I'd quite like to find out what really happened last night by asking them what my opinion should be.

14. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I had Mayweather by 3 rounds.

Credit to Maidana for the fight he put up last night... many who have gone in with Floyd, especially recently, just seem to get shut down by him after a few rounds then almost 'give up' and accept defeat... Maidana went in there to rough-house Mayweather for the full 12 rounds, he came to fight and that's exactly what he did.

I'd welcome a rematch but not really sure it's necessary but let's remember Floyd has a September date penciled in which I don't think Khan can make because of ramadam or what ever, so Mayweather v Maidana II could be workable for September if it looks like public interest will be in it.

15. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Oh and as for Broner.. what an absolute mug that bloke is, total ****ing mug.

In fact, sack the rematch ideas off with Floyd and Maidana, let's see Maidana and Broner have a rematch so we can see that little tart get his arse kicked again.