Floyd Mayweather (PBF) vs Gervonta 'Tank' Davis at 130lbs

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Showstopper97, Jan 7, 2021.

1. wutang

wutang Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Pbf would let tank punch himself out and work the body for a dominant second half. I think It would be like the chavez fight.

2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Floyd never fought anyone who possessed Twink's combination of speed, skill, slickness, toughness and one punch lightning fast thunderous power. He fought an awful lot of straight up and down no special effects plodders and on the very rare occasions he dared venture over to Slick Town and took on a slickster he struggled badly every single time. Augustus (RIP), Zab, Sugar ''Money'' Mac, and that Spadadfordadda dude took him to slick school in the gym.

If there's one thing a slicker fears most it's another slickster and it's very rare for a slickster to possess the kind of speed and one punch lights out power Twink does and even though I will concede that Floyd had a decent chin he was badly hurt by Corely, Shane, Manny, Maidana and featherfist E-Spence knocked him out in the gym and some Irish amateur dude whose name escapes me right now broke his ribs in sparring and Twink's a murderous body puncher. Granted Twink hasn't fought anyone on Floyd's level yet either but stylistically I see this as a bad match up for Floyd and I think Twink would catch him with a huge counter and take him out.

Oddone and Blandman like this.
  3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    This is stupid. Fathers don’t fight their sons. Gervonta is like a son to Floyd. What’s the next thread Floyd vs his beloved Uncle Roger of blessed memory.

4. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
  5. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Tank has a chance to take it with a nice power shot counterpunch. PBF wasn’t as slick as Money and could get caught. Davis had a lot of power at 130. I see it as sixty/forty for Floyd.

6. Fuzzykat

Fuzzykat Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2019
    I think I just commented on a Camacho-Tank matchup earlier today. I said Camacho was at his best when he was at 130. So was Mayweather. The way he went though Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales and others was nothing short of spectacular.

Mayweather was great at 147 too, but a little reluctant for my tastes. At 130 though, he let the punches fly. Can't see Davis being able to deal with that.

7. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    And then you woke up

Showstopper97 likes this.