Floyd Mayweather v Tenshin Nasukawa is OFF

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by minemax, Nov 7, 2018.

1. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Floyd Mayweather was a boxer from the 2000s who made a lot of money by ducking his top opponents.

lewis gassed likes this.
  2. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    He thought he was going to the Kumite.

Rock0052 likes this.
  3. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    The whole mess was about him getting the spotlight shined on him again, and it didn't go at all like he thought it would. Even many of his vocal supporters **** on this stunt, Floyd can't stand watching the sport surge & pass him by. But his little circus stunt comebacks aren't going to make him the kind of money he needs anymore, people just want him to go away he's conned the public enough, but he keeps blowing/gambling away all his millions and has to keep trying these comebacks. If he would just put his energy into becoming a great promoter like De La Hoya did he wouldn't have to keep trying to fight and could make millions that way just like Oscar.

4. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. In a pure kickboxing match Floyd would get jacked up even if he has a size advantage. Leg kicks and front kicks can really do a number on you if you don't know how to defend against them.

Badbot likes this.
  5. JL Fighter

JL Fighter Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Floyd Sr. LOL.

lewis gassed and DoubleJ like this.
  6. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2018
    Floyd is an attention *****. Always makes an announcement right around another big fight. But if he was told boxing to get his attention then kickboxing later, he should drop out.

I've done a little work in a boxing gym but far more in a Kenpo studio. You can't plant your feet the same way when kicks are coming at your legs, and dudes can kick insanely hard. I'd take the younger, smaller kick boxer over Floyd under kickboxing rules. Two different games.

OvidsExile and rorschach51 like this.
  7. M.3

M.3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2014
    So yall was mad that it was happening and now mad that it's not? What's the real problem because if you didn't care about it happening, you wouldn't care about it not happening... (shrug)

8. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Come on why so serious,if you don’t think this is funny then you’ve no sense of humour.
    Course nobody cares either way but it did make headlines so naturally we gonna talk about it.

OvidsExile likes this.
  9. M.3

Mar 21, 2014
    Of course.. Talking about it is all good.. I wasn't really referring to everyone.. I'm just curious as to why there was so much hate and backlash about an exhibition match in Japan when it was announced, then it's seemingly canceled and now that same energy is still present but the other way.. At least complain that it shouldn't have happened at all and not that he's scared or ducking now..lol It's just another instance when he can't do anything without backlash...lol

10. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Personally after his career the guy can do as he likes given the money out there,he does bring it on himself though for the timing of these things.
    I’m still amazed there’s folk who talk about that Conor fight as if it was remotely real.

M.3 and OvidsExile like this.
  11. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    This thread ain't got nothing to do with a fight that did or didn't happen. It's about what a diva fool Mayweather is. You could probably merge it with that thread about Mayweather talking **** about De La Hoya.

12. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    he probably demanded that the kid have pillows sellotaped to his feet and got the hell out of dodge when they refused.

13. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    And? The dude is legit.
    And you cant learn to kickbox in two months.
    Plus Floyds style wouldn't work in a kickboxing match. He would have to change everything.
    He could fight a 105 pound midget and still go through hell.

14. M.3

Mar 21, 2014
    Right.. I don't care what he does.. He's been fighting for 20+ years and can do whatever he wants.. People still can't let go of the fact that he got away with his 0..lol I hope he never fights in a professional fight again and keep doing random stuff like this.. If me still have the power to stop time and have everyone talking and focusing on him then why not? lol Nobody else in boxing can do this and have everyone talking...lol

15. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    This content is protected
    Publicity stunt?