Floyd Mayweather vs Ray Leonard...

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by TheOldTimer, Apr 19, 2014.

1. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    none, that's the problem

He couldnt even stop Howard or Bonds early. this shows the delusion of his fans who overrated him

2. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    So WHAT? Floyd is now four years older than Ray was and you dont see him losing do you?

DO YOU?

nothing but excuses. your excuses dont even pan out

he couldnt beat Norris and he SURE wouldnt beat Floyd! EVER!

Everything Ray did, Floyd just does better

3. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ray Leonard fought better opposition, took more time off, and aged poorly. Nothing you're saying here is swaying me. And it has nothing to do with personal bias as I happen to like Mayweather. Sorry but you're going to have to do better than " well look at what this guy did at this age,etc"

4. Waynegrade

Waynegrade Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Ask Rooster about Mullings,Brown, Jackson and Boudani. Norris made their `hit` list ;)

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Ray Leonard is probably the most overrated historic fighter, judging by all the "all-time top ..." lists he gets put so high on.

But at his best he might well be too much for Mayweather.

6. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    do you know how to count? between late December 1989 & Feb 9 1991 is just over 13 months you pinhead!

or, as I like to say, just over one year

the reason you stretch the truth is becuz youre looking for every excuse you can find

another thing you cant seem to grasp is the fact that Floyd is 38 years with NO losses so why do you bother bringing up Ray age of 34? Do you think it makes a difference in this case? becuz all it does is point to the fact that whatever Ray did, floyd does better!

7. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    Ray fought better opposition? So what? Ray fought better opposition than terry and look what happened! :lol:

I'll admit he fought the bigger names but how good were they when they met?

hagler? shot

hearns? three years from his prime & malnourished.

Duran? two divisions from his best weight, and recently dropped 40 pounds. ask Randy gordon

so why do you bring up competiton, being aware what I already know? you know I'm just going to come back and nullify whatever you say

but one thing you cant dispute is that Ray did not fare well against younger, faster, more mobile boxers

I dont see prime Hagler on his resume
    I dont see Pryor
    I dont see Curry
    I dont see Nunn, and guess what? he was active at the time
    I dont see a win over Norris

It took him 9 to get rid of punching bags Kalule & the miniscule Howard. 11 for less that ordinary Bonds

guess what? it's not you who needs convincing, it's me!

He sure aint getting anywhere close to stopping Floyd. sure he might tag him a couple times thruout the fight as with Norris but he'll fall behind trust me. Floyd is just too good a fighter for him. it'll be like the Norris fight again, only closer

8. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    hey dickehead it's me, the guy who's on your ignore list

Since Ray couldnt so much as terry blink, let alone drop him, and much less KO him, how's he going to run down Floyd?

You know, Floyd's never lost. even at age 38

you really have nowhere to go at this point

you cant use Ray's age as an excuse becuz Floyd is older yet bya full four years. that only points to Floyd's superiority

and if you try to discredit Terry's chin then people like me are going to question Ray's ability to stop Floyd if he has to knowing the fact he couldnt so much as get Terry's attention

do you now see what you're up against?

this is how I get people to screw themselves

:lol: Let that be a lesson

9. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    Do you know how to read? I said one fight in twenty months. Take a look at the time frame between his fight with Hearns and the time he met Norris and do the math dip****.

That's a long time off for any fighter let alone an aging one.

LOL.. You accuse others of desperation when you fabricate the truth altogether, ie. " Leonard was in his prime when he fought Norris and camacho." or " hagler was washed up but Leonard wasn't." :lol:

And Bernard Hopkins is still tickin' at the near age of 50 while Roy Jones' talent crapped out on him a decade ago, making your point irrelevant.

Floyd may very well be better than Leonard, but the arguments that you employ to support that fact are **** to say the least.

10. Waynegrade

Waynegrade Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2008
    MM, rooster/Elton,foxy can NOT read... Just their brilliant rants ! That way they skip `trying ` to read and give you senseless babble...

11. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    still resorting to deceit, with me. for some reason you think I'm stupid. Maybe you think you know more than the rest of the population. that means you have a below average IQ

now count PROPERLY without skipping

Uno mas - thats one fight in FORTEEN Months, and TWO fights, both going the full distance, in 20 months. ****, I even spelled out the date for you desperate one, December 1989. how the hell you going to count that as 20 months? you cant dsipute dates and numbers. If you do, you'll try to dispute anything

that's 24 months of activity so there's really no excuse whatsoever that you can pin the blame on unless you happen to be desperate which of course, you are

btw, Monzon was off a year and still competing at the top level before his last fight. He was also 35 and had nearly three times the number of fights as Leonard

12. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    you cant compare leonard wih Jones. that would be unfair to Jones becuz Jones was his superior on every level and far more proven. I've even said repeatedly that Roy was a true Sugar Ray

We KNOW which man was better prime for prime between Roy N Hopkins

I bring up Floyd's unbeaten record as a comprison becuz you always fall back on age as the excuse leonard lost to Norris when the real reason is that speed was Leonard's krytonite

I said there was nohing physically wrong with Leonard judging by the uno mas fight, a fight you deny actually happened! :lol:

like Leonard's career, you're a joke and it really does point o the depths of desperation you're feeling

13. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh of course. Jones' wins over an aged Hill and a green Hopkins trump anything that Leonard ever did.

Wrong. I've acknowledged that Floyd MIGHT be better. But using the ******ed reasoning that Terry Norris beat him to try and confirm that fact is ludicrous to say the least.

What the hell are you talking about? Duran and Leonard were BOTH long past their best, and again it was the only fight Leonard had within a 20 month period going into the Norris fight, and only one of five fights that he had in Nine years. Floyd Mayweather hasn't exactly been the most active fighter around, but WHEN did he take that much time off? When did he ever sustain a major injury? When did he ever fight a true ATG who was prime let alone several of them? If an aged Floyd fought a prime Terry Norris at Jr. Middle and after a layoff, are you confident he'd win? Because when others have started threads on the subject, most have replied "no"

No, the joke is on anyone who replies to your nonsense. I only do it, because fortunately I work in a job with down time. You won't hear from me after happy hour.... Cheers.

14. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    spoken like the truly desperate, fabricator that you are

first saying Leonard had but one fight in 20 mos going into the Norris fight :patsch

I know everyone, it's incredible the lengths these people go thru

Now, labelling Hopkins as green when Jones was just as green!

:lol:

How desperate! I dont know why you people just dont give up! I wont go any further becuz you're a fellow human being but come on, enough's enough!

then you say Hill was washed up while neglecting to mention (or maybe deliberately) the fact that Leonard passing up Hagler then gaining a sudden interest after five years. and you still play dumb after all these years. Louden does the same thing too

and Toney? what went wrong there?

how about those 11 defenses at 175?

Roy Jones is so superior to Leonard in every way, Ray wouldnt even be able to carry his jockstrap. As with Floyd, Roy did more, we saw much more productivity, and without the annoying retirements & comebacks! :happy

Roy makes top ten. it would be unfair to him to place him any lower

Floyd - top 30

Leonard - top 50. It would be unfair to the others ahead of him to place him any higher

someone's got to make room for the aforementioned superstars. might as well be Ray

15. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    looks like someone's block feature isnt working :lol: