Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton:Great News Inside And It Looks Like The Fight Is On

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sug3, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Thom

Thom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Good post. :good

2. Thom

Thom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2006
    :roll:

No, you just claimed (falsely) that he never made any attempt to pursue the fight.

3. smokey

smokey Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Not to try to nitpick details with you, but holding and hitting IS actually illegal. Actually turning around and running is illegal, too. However, "running" which is what I think you mean by being elusive and defensive is VERY legal. Ask Willie Pep and Pernell Whitaker.

4. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    If that's the case it will probably not be Hatton's next fight then,but maybe the one after

5. Knob McDude

Knob McDude Active Member Full Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Since when is "holding" and "hitting" legal? :huh

Maybe in Europe.

As far as I know, if you are the holder, you aren't allowed to hit.

On the other hand, what Floyd does is totally legal.

It's just that it isn't easy on the eyes sometimes.

6. thunder06

thunder06 Active Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2006
  7. C Money

C Money Paul McCloskey Full Member

Feb 8, 2007
    The point being made, is that the hatton camp had said they wanted 2 or 3 fights in the USA to build the fight with floyd. Since the "ofers" which came in 05, Hatton has fought Colloazo, Urango, and Castillo, so all the ISSUES should be out of the way.

60/40, let the world find out:good We dont need to hear about past offers or any more tune-ups.

8. roly

roly Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 11, 2005
    what does "I think the offers would be more realistic now." tell you? that the offers made were pathetic. the hattons new that if he could have a few good fights in the US and get better known, they could get a much better offer financially, that's surely obvious to everyone. it's nothing to do with ducking.

9. sonny73

sonny73 Active Member Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
  10. sonny73

sonny73 Active Member Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    So is elbowing or using forearms something Mayweather likes to do.They both do things ilegal

11. Knob McDude

Knob McDude Active Member Full Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Why are you changing the subject?

Holding and hitting are illegal, it was a clueless statement I was responding to.

Lot's of that goes on here though.

12. C Money

C Money Paul McCloskey Full Member

Feb 8, 2007

Unfortunately, it's ALL ABOUT Primadonna Boy at the moment and HE ISNT GOING OVERSEAS. Now, if the money's right?? Hatton would be FOOLISH to turn down the opportunity. If Hatton beats Floyd?? Then he's in the drivers seat and could call the shots.