Floyd Mayweather: When Canelo fought me, he was in his prime, I was an old man. I wasn't in my prime

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Jun 8, 2021.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    He gave you both sides of the spectrum in that post Canelo fight interview with Fight Hype. He said that his thigh and elbow was sore after the Canelo fight. But he also said that since he didn't take no abuse in the sport throughout his career, he still felt that he had young legs, and that he had bounce and spring in his legs in the late rounds, even at the age of 36.

We can take two things from those Fight Hype videos after the Canelo fight - he still felt like he had young legs + Canelo was a rough tough fight for him and he was very sore after it, more sore than he usually was after a fight. What he said recently about how he was an old man back then though is in constrast to what he said at the time in those Fight Hype videos after the Canelo fight how he still felt young cause he ain't taken no abuse in the sport.

2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You criticized me for "believing what Floyd said" in that post Canelo Fight Hype video. But you're also "believing what Floyd said" recently about how he was an old man back then and how Canelo was in his prime 8 years ago lol. So the question is which Floyd is more believable, Floyd from 8 years ago who was still an active fighter or Floyd last month who's stroking his ego about his win over Canelo, how Canelo was prime, how he was an old man, which only serve to make himself look better in retrospect. It sounds like you find current Mayweather more believable than him 8 years ago right after he fought Canelo. I would just say I would rely more on his statements at the time since he was describing how he felt back and his feelings in the moment right after the fight, rather than him today as he's trying to remember and embellish who he was back then in an attempt to make his performance vs Canelo look better by claiming he was already an old man.

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Do you actually think an ego maniac like PBF would admit to being faded while he was still and active boxer? Do you actually think he would say that he was an old man my legs are gone I'm slower and my reflexes aren't as good? I mean do you really think while he was active he would admit that on camera? No he wouldn't. Boxing is a mental game. He will not give up the mental advantage by letting his opponents know he's slipped. He's going to say he's still on top of his game and can beat anyone in the world, even though he knows he's not and his gifts and skills are fading fast. What he did in that interview long after he retired was tell the truth about himself at that point in his career.

Wizbit1013 and TFP like this.
  4. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Once again, obviously didn't read my post.

Trolls will be trolls. Be good.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. Boxing GOAT

Boxing GOAT Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2020
    Interesting since Floyd insisted a 23 year old Tank Davis was too young for Lomachenko. But a 23 year old Canelo wasn't too young for Floyd? This guy really knows how to paint himself into a corner with ignorant statements.

C.J., scandcb and The Real Lance like this.
  6. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Canelo daring to be great ask for the Money fight. Im sure if Tank demanded Loma he would have got that smoke.

7. TFP

TFP Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2012
    nail on head.

Pimp C likes this.
  8. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    The King ???? ROFLMAO !! The way that cowardly little squirt went ballistic he looked more like a Queen!! Tony beat Cintron TWICE!! Cintron would have beaten Baldomir any day but for yet another cherry pick Fairy Floyd picked Baldy. I doubt youve seen many of Tony's fights Ive seen them all since 1999 mostly from ringside. I have honestly only seen him legitimately lose twice. To Paul Williams by close decision & to Manny Pacquaio Neither fancied a rematch with him did they?
    Kings & ATG's dont freak out in fear when a contender walks up to them peacefully, only cowardly divas do that. Now the little fraud is trying to look like wolf man with his hair plugs etc. Looks hilarious Trying to live down his embarrassing moments on video ROFLMAO!
    Keep saying Tony cheated when EVERYONE knows he didnt thats the only feeble excuse for Floyd's cowardice youve got. You Floydettes are as pathetic as he is :monoloco: Log Off!!

9. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO!!

10. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    A KING !! ????? ROFLMAO No a cowardly peds cheater

scandcb likes this.
  11. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Youre like a little 13 yr old girl worshipping Justin Beiber ROFLMAO

12. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    But !!! Floyd is the new Wolf man with his hair & beard plugs ROFL

Boxing GOAT likes this.
  13. Boxing GOAT

Boxing GOAT Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2020
    He is walking around looking like Uncle Remus now. Starting fights with fans in hotel parking lots for photographing his limo. Seems he is in the middle of an existential crisis.

C.J. likes this.
  14. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Yeah exactly!! What happened to those " Plaster Blocks" Naz claimed he saw fall ?? Wahat happened to the "white Plaster looking stuff" smeared on the pad ?? All total fabrication. Plus when Tony applied for his boxing licence to be returned his rep asked to inspect the pads. After confusion & mumbling the CSAC rep stuttered " We do not have them any more they were err MISLAID" sorry !!! Nuff Said We all know who the guilty parties are & it wasnt Margarito

15. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Sir why do you insist on making up your own facts and rewriting history? You do realize people are still alive that lived in that era. The fact are well known and documented. Margarito is a low life that cheated and tried to maime , disfigure and mortally wound a fellow boxer. This is the highest crime in boxing. Unforgiveable , and unforgettable.