Floyd Mayweather: When Canelo fought me, he was in his prime, I was an old man. I wasn't in my prime

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Jun 8, 2021.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    What your post says is pure bull****. I knew Tony from 1999 & all saw all this first hand. Tony was supposed to have tried to maim , disfigure & mortally wound his opponents?? ROFLMAO!! With what ??
    All that was ever found in his wrap was a used gauze pad & not a new one.
    This was deemed HARMLESS by the independant lab that tested it &it was of no benefit to Tony or hazardous to his opponent. You are getting Tony confused with Luis Resto & Panama Smith. What they did was unforgivable & was indeed one of the highest crimes in boxing Both deserved long jail sentences & a permanent ban from the sport.
    You say Tony was "SUPPOSED" to have done this. Where is the proof ?? There is none & never was.This was started by a blatant lie from Nazim Richardson claiming he saw Plaster Blocks fall from Tony's wraps LOL
    What happened to those blocks ???? There never was any!! Where is the pad the NSAC rep claimed was "Smeared with a white plaster like substance" There never was one. Everyone in that locker room handled those pads before they were sealed up.
    Richardson was well known for complaining about their opponents wraps it was his forte this time it went too far & an innocent mans good name & career was tarnished & Antonio Margarito was railroaded & banned from earning a living for 2 years & all he did wrong was SWEAT!!!!!
    No one has one iota of proof Tony himself ever did anything illegal not a damn one. Believe me if there was proof he had tried to load his gloves , friend or not, I'd have been worse than anyone calling for him tro be indicted & charged in court. but there never was any. They couldnt indict him they had nothing & would have been laughed out of court & be made to face all the court costs themselves PLUS a huge payment to Tony for wrongful arrest . Dont believe all you google my friend

Beouche likes this.
  2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You said Floyd was old and Canelo was in his physical prime. I don't know why you are claiming I didn't read your post. Here is your post:
    Floyd was not old and Canelo was not in his physical prime. I agree that Floyd was not at his physical peak, but he was still getting elite victories because he was still in his prime. And according to him right after fighting Canelo he explained why he still felt he had young legs, because he hadn't taken abuse in the sport throughout his career, so he still had bounce and spring in his legs in the later rounds. Having bounce and spring in his legs in the later rounds doesn't sound like an old man, that sounds like a fighter who is getting on in age but still feeling young because of how he maintained himself without taking punishment throughout his career.

3. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    He was telling the truth in that Fight Hype interview right after the Canelo match. He was being completely honest there. He said his elbow was killing him, and his thigh was sore, but that he still felt he had young legs. I'm sure you recall at various times before he retired Floyd would say his body is breaking down. In HBO 24/7 well before he fought Canelo he would talk about how he had brittle hands and how he was getting treatments for his hands. So Floyd had no problem revealing that his body was breaking down at various times before he retired, he didn't have any problem giving up a mental advantage of letting his opponents know he was slipping when he revealed he was getting treatments so he could offset the aging process. It was really part of his mind games if we're honest, to give his opponents a false sense of security by revealing that his body was breaking down or he was slowing down then show up in tip top shape.

The only time you need a mental advantage really is before a fight, not after. After the Canelo fight, Floyd had no reason to claim he still had young legs if he didn't feel that way. I don't know why you would think that Floyd's recent statements are more accurate about his condition 8 years ago than these statements at the time. At this point he's trying to feed his ego claming he was old when he fought Canelo to give the impression that a better younger version of him would have beat Canelo even easier, at the same time giving the impression that Canelo was in his prime when they fought and ignoring how much better Canelo is today. This has caused you to argue that any version of Floyd would beat any version of Canelo which is obvoiusly ridiculous given the weight differences, given how close to prime Floyd still was at 36, and given how much Canelo has improved since then.

Floyd revealing that he still felt he had young legs at 36 and still had bounce and spring in his legs in the later rounds is in contrast to your argument that his legs were shot at that point. I know you feel the need to provide some kind of explanation for why he said that since it's in constrast to his legs being gone at that stage of his career which is what you claimed. But Floyd's ego has only become massive after he retired when he tries to piggyback off the win over Canelo now that Canelo has been makng so much noise in the sport. When he gave that Fight Hype interview after he fought Canelo, there was no ego there, he was keeping it real and being completely honest about his condition. That was not a time where he was worried about giving up any mental advatnage over his opponents. He was praising Canelo and saying how tough of a Mexican warrior he was, which also is in constrast to what you said about how that was such an easy win for him. What he said in those Fight Hype interviews following the Canelo match is in stark contrast to your view of his condition at the time and how tough of a fight Canelo was for him.

4. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Paint the picture how u want. Mayweather chose to fight for two belt vs Baldomir. Margo had nothing. We all know, and u know Mayweather would have out boxed Margo for 12 rounds for a UD. Margo was nothing to be scared of.

5. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    who beat him in over 20 years as a pro?

6. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    oh well that seals it then, clearly floyd should have fought margarito if he beat kermit cintron twice :lol:

7. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Watch that video on Youtube & tell me Mayweather wasnt scared he literally **** himself What an embarrassment lol

8. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Floyd was **** scared of Margarito. The little Pansy

9. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Castillo, Maidana, Ortiz by DQ, Judah by DQ, Pacquaio N/C

10. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Aussie seems to have lost his voice !!???

11. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Floyd is BS'ing again. He was near primeat the time ,Canelo is currently in his prime.

12. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    altered reality, alternative facts, delusional thoughts is this how the onset of alzheimer looks.

13. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    21 pages in and nobody believes you.

Also
    Didn't read.

:SimpHomer:

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. FuMaster

FuMaster Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Margarito couldn't beat Pacquiao or Mosley, yet Floyd was scared of him SMH