Floyd Patterson vs Joe Louis

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Balder, Apr 4, 2021.

How does this turn out?

1. Floyd by KO

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Floyd by Dec.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Louis by KO

75 vote(s)
    96.2%
  4. Louis by Dec.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    The Cleveland Williams vs the George Foreman one, but I feel most of the people were under the impression that it was post gun shot Williams facing Foreman.

2. HomicideHank

HomicideHank I believe in the transmigration of souls Full Member

Nov 27, 2023
    Louis by 1st round KO
    This would be a public execution.

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  3. PRW94

PRW94 Active Member Full Member

Nov 26, 2020
    Floyd is my favorite heavyweight ever and he gets badly dissed here but he ain’t winning this fight in this or any known solar system. I think he might go as long as Braddock did though.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  4. ron davis

ron davis Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Floyd would have beat all the fighters Louis beat. If the fight is up and up don't count Floyd out.

crixus85 likes this.
  5. Journeyman92

Journeyman92 A L O H A Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    There is a very good chance Floyd gets KO’d in the first if Louis tries to make it happen.

Kid Bacon likes this.
  6. ikrasevic

ikrasevic Good people of all countries, unite! Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    I have never seen such a convincing vote, and I agree with it. So 63:2 for Louis.

BoxingFan2002 likes this.
  7. nyterpfan

nyterpfan Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2021
    Louis for sure---KO within 6 rounds--simply too much firepower for Floyd to handle!

8. ron davis

Sep 2, 2013
    You're entitled to your opinion. Conn was beating Louis and would have won, if he stayed away, instead he got stupid. Patterson would knock out Conn. By the way Billy Conn was a great boxer/fighter. Louis had a questionable chin, Floyd was quick as lightning and had a knockout punch in both mitts. Take a peak on utube Patterson fights. You might learn something.

9. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Louis by KO in 4 or less

Pedro_El_Chef likes this.
  10. ron davis

Sep 2, 2013
    Do you really believe the Ingo fight was legit? It made the 2nd match a big draw (gate) with Jack Dempsey touting that Johanssen is a cinch to win again in the rematch to all the newspapers. It was a good performance Floyd put on hitting the canvas and losing to a white hope. Who do you think Dempsey bet on?

11. Pedro_El_Chef

Pedro_El_Chef Active Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2023
    Conn was put down for a ten count both times he faced Joe. Not the best example to bring up here for Patterson.
    Louis knocked him out in the 13th and he had two other rounds to do it if Conn somehow made it through the 13th. It's not like Joe would have to do a lot of chasing. Conn was spent. Look at his footspeed in the earlier rounds and look how he comes out in the 13th. The magical unicorn of infinite stamina who could stay away from Louis for 15 was not named Billy Conn.
    Floyd doesn't have Conn's chin or legs.

Kid Bacon and nyterpfan like this.
  12. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Pretty bold ... I like and respect Floyd and feel he would have been a great cruiserweight fighter but a few additional points .... as much as the peekaboo style worked for Tyson (when he still practiced it) , it never was he best style in my opinion for Floyd because Floyd could not take a big time heavyweight punch .. I believe Floyd would have benefitted from more of a boxing style with his skills, reflexes, speed and power ... he often underperformed to the level of his opposition but had several terrific post title performances vs Chuvalo, Machen, Quarry, Ellis and Bonavena as an older figher .. all that said a match up against a very fast and sharp punching Louis in my opinion would end early and not good for Floyd ..

Levook and InMemoryofJakeLamotta like this.
  13. ron davis

Sep 2, 2013

14. ron davis

Sep 2, 2013
    You've come to the end of the road pal. Only a democrat would talk like that, shame on you! How old are you kid? You got a lot to learn. Have a good day.

15. nyterpfan

nyterpfan Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2021
    LMAO!! You know what--I deleted both of my posts!! There's a LOT of things in this world that are more suitable to get worked up about!!

Greg Price99 likes this.