Floyd vs Manny - who do you LIKE more?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by newby johnson, Jul 12, 2021.

Who do you like more?

1. Floyd

19 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Manny

119 vote(s)
    86.2%
  1. scandcb

scandcb Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2020
    USADA were not aware of the injection beforehand. They only found out about it after visiting Mayweather's home after the weigh-in.

The IV was clearly taken to mask PED use.

2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Floyd was not shot....that's all i am saying. All this other stuff you posted here, does not show Floyd was shot. You know what else did show he was not shot? His fights. You are being dishonest saying he was shot. Like I said, past prime? Sure. Shot? Hell no.

3. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    According to USADA they were aware unless they are lying. It takes like 30 minutes to do an IV. I can't imagine that they just happened to walk in on him getting one.

4. scandcb

Jun 9, 2020
    Thomas Hauser:

Later on Friday afternoon, collection agents for the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which had been contracted to oversee drug testing for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, went to Mayweather’s Las Vegas home to conduct a random unannounced drug test. The collection agents found evidence of an IV being administered to Mayweather. Bob Bennett, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which had jurisdiction over the fight, says that USADA did not tell the commission whether the IV was actually being administered when the agents arrived.

The Real Lance likes this.
  5. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    these guys actually believe the excuse that Floy was severely dehydrated. Mr. stays in shape and doesn't party...was all of a sudden severely dehydrated to the point he needed 250 ML of vitamins, 500ml of saline. Floyd could **** on their faces, they would say it's rain...

scandcb likes this.
  6. scandcb

Jun 9, 2020
    As Hauser's articles around that period argued, there was no evidence that Mayweather was dehydrated, let alone dehydrated to the point where he needed the IV.

The Real Lance likes this.
  7. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    USADA doesn't agree with Mr Hausers article. Anybody can write an article.

“Contrary to Mr. Hauser’s inaccurate reports, [a USADA official] was in the home and observed Mr. Mayweather’s condition that precipitated the need for an IV. The [official] was also in the home when the paramedic was called and remained in the home while the paramedic provided the IV. At no point during the infusion did Mr. Mayweather attempt to hide anything regarding the treatment he was receiving.

This is the official statement.

Pimp C likes this.
  8. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Money lives in a mansion. you act like they did a no knock warrant and searched every room in the house for drugs. I suspect in this instance Money went to the room and showed them exactly what he was doing and they approved it. So get over it nothing to see here folks.

9. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    :lol: how do you come up with this conclusion based off what he wrote? Act like? no one is acting like anything, other than you floyd defenders acting like what he did was normal. What you 'suspect' doesn't mean jack.

10. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    PBF was no where near the fighter he was back in 2008 either and he was older than Pac when they fought. These are excuses period end of the discussion. Pac fans have an excuse for every loss that he's had, it's pathetic.

11. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    what you think and write means nothing. why ? because you were not there. The man lives in a mansion, I know they did not search every room like a crime scene. Since they approved what he was doing, he had to show them what he did. It was approved. get over it.

12. scandcb

Jun 9, 2020
    The IV injection broke the rules anyway. USADA messed up as the NSAC publicly stated.

However, it is clear to anyone with sense that he was masking PED use. The dehydration excuse doesn't wash. There was no evidence that he had struggled to make weight. He was well on-track two weeks before the bout as proven by forms he filled out. His pre-fight medical also found no sign of dehydration.

13. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hauser is a journalist trying to make a story with an axe to grind. I'll take the word of USADA a government agency over his, thanks!

14. scandcb

Jun 9, 2020
    I don't make excuses for all of Pac's losses at all. I actually consider him to be overrated.

Not as overrated as Mayweather mind you.

15. scandcb

Jun 9, 2020
    You would love Hauser if he was a Mayweather boot-licker.