Floyd was terrified of Margo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TheDon!, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    People don't understand margos stamina and weight advantage and come forward pressure alone would cause Floyd HUGE problems

Floyd had issues with Castillo and maidana

RacingBeat likes this.
  2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Lmfao lesser fighters than pbf tooled margo. Let me clue you in on something it doesnt matter if pbf has anything to keep margo off of him because hes going to hit margo more than margo hits him. He will out point and out box margo and win more rounds than margo will. This isnt a video game margo doesnt even punch hard without his loaded wraps. You want me to believe that a plodder like margo who you can land on like rain on a hot tin roof is going to make arguably the best defensive fighter of all time who has am extreme advantage in speed skill and reflexes and doesnt fade i might add subcomb to his pressure???? I mean did you really think this out before typing it or are you wishful thinking and trolling? Pbf wouldnt lose a roumd to this bum.

3. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Poor Sharmba Mitchell. I forgot the round, but remember Floyd’s legion of leeches, sitting ringside, yelling “whoop that trick!”

navigator likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I mean that's arguable, but for some reason Margarito was the one guy in Floyd's career that he caused him to have incredible amount of uneasiness. Yes he somehow managed to duck prime versions of DLH, Mosley, Pacquiao, Williams and Cotto. That said, Margarito the guy who had this man shaking in his boots. For whatever reason Mayweather had a real deep and obvious fear of Antonio Margarito. He was totally afraid of Margarito. And you can say that Floyd would dance all around for an easy decision all you want, but I'm calling it like it is. He was obviously terrified of Margarito.

5. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Oh for sure it wouldn’t of been like Cotto or PAC would it,how many times have we heard that so and so would walk him down infact we have a perfect example when Floyd fought Canelo an absolute barrel of a man,a come forward fighter with power and how did that end up?and that was Floyd late on in his career,I have that Canelo fight as one of my all time fav fights as Floyd was in the pocket and appeared to have some sneaky power.

Don’t like it when he pretends to not know who his rivals are though I mean we all know he’s thick but when it comes to boxing he knows the score.

6. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Margarito if I recall correctly was a major player in the WW division from 2002-2008. It's not like he was a flash in the pan. Yes the wheels fell off hard and fast after the Cotto fight. That said, I see no reason why a 2007 or 2008 fight with Mayweather should not have happened.

7. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    It was a close fight and there is no shame in losing to Williams anyways especially in a close fight. Hell, Floyd stands a very good chance of losing to Williams as well.

8. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Didn't Mayweather go life and death with a guy who had a half dozen losses? The same guy who was repeatedly knocked out when challenging for simply National Mexican Titles? Ray Robinson also has 19 losses. Mayweather has struggled against guys with losses before too. Which is the ironic thing of your post.

Mayweather doesn't get accused of fighting guys who are come forward plodders. He gets accused of fighting tiny guys (Pac, Marquez, Guerrero), old guys (DLH, Mosley, Pac, Cotto) or guys who just not good (Berto, Baldimor, Gatti, etc.)

Young, big and good was not something he liked.

9. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Tommy Hearns flattens Mayweather within a few rounds. That's the only possible outcome, but to be fair Hearns puts down every single former SFW and below world champ. That's just how it goes.

10. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Terrified of him or the hand wraps?
    Talking of hand wraps has anyone seen that film on YouTube of an American Irishman’s fight with some Hispanic dude who made such a mess of this lad,one of Arums fighters actually,talk about being too tough the guy just wouldn’t go down and survived the bell but his face was a right mess and the guys Dad after the bell clocked this guys Gloves which when inspected were found to be tampered with all the stuffing pulled out and not only that he had plaster casts ala Margarito which obviously did the damage.
    Poor guy suffered a detached retina and couldn’t box again and promptly took his own life it would seem,forget the manager involved but he was like a Don King wannabe and came across as right piece of ****.
    Yes Floyd fought some guys at the right time but he also fought guys like Canelo,Moseley and so whenever his name and GGG,Margarito gets mentioned I just view it as silly talk as Floyd is so tiny.

11. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Difference being that Floyd had to eat himself up to Welterweight whereas Hearns was a giant and could of hung with GGG imo.
    Still Floyd was so talented I’d never bet against him.
    One thing I never understood on here and on YouTube is how folk presume if you like Floyd you must hate Manny,what’s that all about?

12. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol it would seem so although we can’t say that about Canelo which is why I rate that fight so much as Canelo whilst made to come down a few pounds was young,big and good albeit not against Floyd,shame really that his good business decisions robbed us of him fighting guys in their prime,personally I’d loved to see him n Khan but Khan didn’t follow the script and got knocked out too many times,the DLH fight and Mosley was my introduction to Floyd.

13. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Talk is cheap. And the talk of Floyd’s apologists is cheaper than anybody’s. Everybody knows Floyd wanted no part of Margarito or any other pressure fighter who could walk through his defense. People can say he was slow, unskilled and this and that. The fact is Margarito has the scalps of two lineal middleweight champions on his resume. So he most certainly was more to be feared than Floyd and his apologists claim he was.

14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    How many times does that espn article about pbf agreeing to fight cotto hatton and margo when pbf was with arum and top rank need to be posted before this myth about pbf being scared of margo will end? Hell even arum said pbf agreed to fight margo. Ive posted that article here numerous times so i guess i will have to do it again.
    Margo is trash hes not good pbf would box circles around his ass end of story. People want to see pbf lose so bad that they will say and believe anything to try and to bring him down its hilarious.

15. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    How are you going to walk down a guy who can outmanuever you around the ring at will someone who can control range and dictate distance as well as pbf can. What did pea whitaker have to keep jcc off of him? Please dont tell me your level of boxing knowledge is this basic especially when youre dealing with a once in a generation defensive counter puncher like pbf. If it was that easy much better boxers than margo would have done it.:deal: