For all the trolls out there AJ will take Usyk rematch in Ukraine or Russia if necessary.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
  2. elgoadie

elgoadie Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2008
    I think AJ fighting away from home might do him some good this time... Yes I know the American experiment in Ruiz 1 didn't pan out too well for him, but there's going to be A LOT of hype and attention around for this rematch, maybe fighting in another fighter's backyard would help.

Plus, who knows maybe Usyk fighting on home turf for once might be a banana skin for him?

Vegan Beast likes this.
  3. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Interesting thought. You might be right. He's used to being away from the pressure of home support, maybe the home support would be unusual pressure.

djfonti likes this.
  4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Saudi Arabia was not exactly home soil for him so my view wherever bring it on.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Makes sense.
    Losing in front of 90,000 Brits would be worse for him and his reputation.
    Winning in Ukraine would be better for his reputation than winning at home again.

More to gain, less to lose.

gmurphy likes this.
  6. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hearn wouldn’t like it - Joshua has been the home fighter in every single bout. Yes even in MSG and Saudi it was basically a home fight for him.

They always stack the deck where possible. It would be good to see him fight as a true away fighter for once.

Mickc and AdamT like this.
  7. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Not enough money in it. Won't happen in Ukraine. Or Russia for that matter.

8. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think in that part of the world there are a fair few incredibly wealthy people who might be able to make things happen, especially Russia.

Logistically it would be a challenge or course but wouldn’t say it’s impossible.

9. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    We don't want to see rematches anymore. We want to see the undisputed heavyweight championship match: Fury vs Usyk, clash of 2 unbeaten champions.

crixus85, Mickc, Toney F*** U and 4 others like this.
  10. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't think it really matters to AJ where the fight is. Usyk might even be under more pressure to perform at home. This could backfire.

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I just think Usyk has AJ's number

Location gonna be irrelevant

OldSchoolBoxing likes this.
  12. Abysswalker

Abysswalker Member Full Member

May 13, 2020
    I think Usyk can beat him anywhere but i respect AJ both for his resume (best by far in the division) and this. He took his losses with humility and respect unlike Wilder. Though i respect Wilder for the heart he showed in the ring too. Heavyweight division just got better for me because how these guys acted in the last one month.

13. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Yup, that's exactly how I see it.

The where and when is not the elephant in the room in this instance. Far from it.

IMO, AJ gets Bashed in Britain, Raped in Russia, Starched in Saudi or 'Uthanized in the UKraine.

It's all the same to Usyk.

Mickc and Somali Sanil like this.
  14. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Good. Hes the B side now, so he has no choice but to go to usyks neck of the woods

15. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    LOL

the bodybuilder is finished no matter where he fights

lepinthehood likes this.