For the first time in my life, Im going to be truly sad whoever wins.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Axl_Nose

Axl_Nose Well-Known Member Full Member

May 9, 2007
    Roy Jones is the only all time great in this matchup, Trinidad was a good fighter but thats all, he was a really good fighter at 147 but any other weight he has no record, so P4P, Roy has nothing to worry about, Trinidad was embarrassed by Winky at 160 and now hes goin in with Roy at 170, this fight isnt gonna be close, Roy will win and catapult himself in with a big name, which is sad because Roy isnt 25% of what he was ......... Trinidad at his peak wouldnt have survived with 80s legends, Leonard, Hearns, Duran or Benitez. The 90s were lean at Welter and thats why he made his name, i would be shocked if Tito beat Roy tonight even though Roy isnt what he was .... Roy is te greatest Super Middle ever (like Calzaghe could beat that version of Jones), and could give anybody in the history of the Light Heavy division a fight .....

2. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Im the same, my pals recording it for me so I am going to go to my kip, dodge the result & go up to my pals house tomorrow afternoon & get a loan of the tape from him & bring it back to my house to watch it as if it were live.
    Easier said than done of course as I have this bad ****in habit of checking teletext when I get up in the morning, or turning on SKY sports news.
    The things us boxing fans have to do just to enjoy overseas fights! We either have to put matchsticks in our eyes & stay up to 6am, or we get the event recorded & have to sneak around like a ninja the next day to avoid the result!

It aint easy being a hardcore boxing fan from these shores, thats for sure.