For those who think Usyk wins the rematch..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MannyMMA, Jul 3, 2022.

Does Usyk stop AJ?

1. Yes

69.1%
  2. No

30.9%
  1. MannyMMA

MannyMMA Canelo fans are male swifties Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Does Usyk win by stoppage? Why or why not?

Levook and pacas like this.
  2. Guerra

Guerra Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    Aj knows he cant outbox Usyk so he will need to come out swinging.
    He wont keep this up for 12 rounds in the Saudi heat.
    Im expecting Usyk to be good enough to avoid getting ko'd and then finish AJ in the second half of the fight when he is gassed.

Loudon, G Man, FastSmith7 and 7 others like this.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’m still sticking with my prediction of Usyk getting off the floor this time to stop AJ late. Even see the score cards being 50/50 until the pace catches up with AJ around 9 rounds

Wizbit1013 and djfonti like this.
  4. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I don't know. Joshua caught Usyk a few times last fight with punches that weren't even that hard and it still hurt Usyk.

Usyk could get KO'd but probably not,

MagicE, Special one and don owens like this.
  5. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    A fighter with the style of AJ doesn't hire Robert Garcia to stay on the outside and box your way to a decision. The man is going in there to stop Usyk or be stopped in a must win fight.

6. ArtBoxer

ArtBoxer Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Eddie the Weasel has cooked a robbery ever since the 1st fight
    They would have robbed Usyk the first time around, but the fight looked so safe for the Bodybuilder (blown-up dancing middleweight cossack) so they used the one robbery point of the evening to save Campbell Hatton's a$$

7. ArtBoxer

Feb 24, 2022
    Usyk's chin is too durable. And the Bodybuilder is no Wilder to knock him out cold with one punch
    His main target should be the body. Usyk dislikes bodyshots (who doesn't!!!)

8. EJDiaZ

EJDiaZ Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Usyk stops him inside 9 rounds

OldSchoolBoxing likes this.
  9. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    There was no point posting this as the question was about the method of a theoretical Usyk win. It wasn't about whether or not you think he will win. Read the thread properly.

djfonti likes this.
  10. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I don't think so, no. I think that Usyk puts him back in his pen after about 4, 5 rounds and AJ runs up the white flag of surrender. UD12.

sasto likes this.
  11. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    It really depends on AJ. If Aj sets his goal as making it to the end, then, no, I don't think Usyk can blow him out of there. If AJ sets his goal as destroying Usyk early and fails, then yes, I think he'll be so gassed that Usyk will send him to the canvas and out on a stretcher.

Usyk is not a huge puncher but he's a solid one, and picks his shots well. I don't fancy a gassed fighter surviving his tornado from-every-direction assault.

djfonti, DoubleJab666 and sasto like this.
  12. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Anthony Joshua will be heavier and clunkier because Garcia is training him to KO Usyk.

It means Joshua will be slower. Dance master Usyk will box around him and go for the kill around round 10.

In the first match, Joshua couldn't get up from his stool for 10 minutes in the end of the match. This time Usyk will merciless to make a statement to Tyson Fury.

13. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    This time, Joshua won't let Usyk beat on him.

14. ArtBoxer

Feb 24, 2022
    Why did he let him last time?

“The 1st Time Was So Nice, I Had to Do it Twice!”: Anthony Joshua

Wizbit1013 and BCS8 like this.
  15. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I agree that AJ will only get KO'd if he keeps coming and pressing and trying to KO Usyk.

I could definitely see him putting cruise control on if AJ becomes despondent.

I just don't know what AJ can do about those angles. He can't replicate them, if he reaches out to cut them off with a hook that's when Usyk does damage, and he doesn't have the chin to charge in and take two to give one.

Putting damage on Usyk's body has to be part of it, but AJ lowering his hands to do it from mid range or the outside will create the kind of counter opportunities Usyk needs to get the stoppage. Maybe he can improve his inside skills?

BCS8 and McGrain like this.