Foreman vs Lewis

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by swagdelfadeel, Dec 14, 2015.

1. 2piece

2piece Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    I'm curious about why you would make a thread where you're so sure of the outcome?

That being said Foreman ices him in the first 3, he just does haven't enough chin or enough dog in him to stop Foreman's go for broke bull rush.

2. Vanboxingfan

Vanboxingfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Posters like you, who think calling boxers names is cool, and know **** all about the sport, take away any enjoyment I might get out of coming to this site.

3. Pugilist_Spec

Pugilist_Spec Hands Of Stone Full Member

Aug 17, 2015
    People act like Lewis would just fall over after Foreman taps him with his glove. Nevermind that this was a guy who stood up to a bulldozer in Mercer and took the best punches Vitali Klitschko had to offer. Nah. Foreman KO1 with a jab.

4. UFC2015

UFC2015 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    This was also a guy whom the likes of McCall and rahman starched like an over protected girl.

Vitali was not a very hard puncher as Danny Williams has clarified in an interview.

5. foreman&dempsey

foreman&dempsey Boxing Addict banned

Dec 7, 2015
    Well... Then his chin was ****... Because this "no hard puncher "destroyed him

6. Pugilist_Spec

Pugilist_Spec Hands Of Stone Full Member

Aug 17, 2015
    McCall caught a young Lewis with a nice counter while he was reaching in and the stoppage was controversial in the first place. Rahman caught him with a massive right hand while he was ****ing around at the ropes.

Under the same circumstances Foreman could get the KO. But when on, Lewis had a good chin. Vulnerable, but solid.

And people should drop this image of Foreman as some iron-chinned, indestructible menace. He COULD be hurt, as Lyle proved.

7. foreman&dempsey

Dec 7, 2015
    The chin of foreman and lewis were not even comparable.

8. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Too close to call because of Foreman's power and the questions about Lewis' chin, but Lewis is much smarter, faster, and a better all around boxer than Foreman. I think he could his size and skills to frustrate and outland George while being responsible and protecting his chin.

9. Perry

Perry Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Foremans whiskers and ko power give him the clear edge.

10. Vanboxingfan

Feb 5, 2005
    Given that Lyle had Foreman hurt twice, and light hitters such as Ali KO'd him and even young had him down. It seems to me that chin is far from iron, and it also seems to me that he could be out boxed. But that said, I'd also give the chin edge to Foreman, but as to who would win, that's a close call.

If boxing were so simply as big punchers cracks weak chin, than Young wouldn't have won their fight, and undoubtedly Lewis would have lost a lot more fights than he did.

It actually amazes me how simplistic most posters are in terms of coming up with anything that resembles a thoughtful and logical ****ysis.

11. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    :patsch WRONG!

12. foreman&dempsey

Dec 7, 2015
    Actually it is a bunch of ****. The fact that foreman got dropped by alí and young has nothing to do with his chin or the power of ali and young,it has to do with stamima problems under two horrible climes.early in the fight foreman took their shots like nothing.( and you are clearly trolling because you know it).
    About ron lyle... Well.. He was rated by foreman like the hardest puncher that he fought ever , sparring included( williams and sonny liston included),gerry ****ey,joe frazier,ken norton,tommy morrison,bert cooper,alex stewart,shanon briggs,michael moorer etx. Was leroy caldwell who said that lyle did hit as hard as foreman?.so i cant see any problem cause ron lyle can drop anyone.anyway a knock down is not a knock out, foreman got up and won. Period. Ali has the fame of having great chin and still he got drooped by henrry cooper. I cant even imagine cooper dropping foreman, joe frazier dropped and badly did hurt ali but his shots had no effect or respect over foreman.marciano has the fame of having great chin and he got dropped by an old lhw and other sub 200 pounds fighter,it would be like bob foster dropping foreman... A complete joke.. Foreman had one of the best chins of all time .... Lewis had one of the worse chins from a hw champion

13. Vanboxingfan

Feb 5, 2005
    That's because either outcome is possible. :good

I'd probably favour Foreman by about 53-47% something along those lines. I think it's a fight that could go either way.

14. Vanboxingfan

Feb 5, 2005
    So then if Foreman had stamina problems and sometimes couldn't go the distance or got knocked down because if it, why couldn't Lewis duplicate what Young did? Maybe it's because this possibility doesn't quite fit your agenda, why else would it not at lease merit consideration?

So then according to you Lyle is one of the hardest hitting heavyweights in history, up there with the likes of Shavers, which explains why he is such a renowned world champion and a household name today. :lol:

Funny I decided to check out the Ring magazines top 100 punchers of all time, and for some reason I didn't see Lyle's
    name on there. I think you should contact the Ring magazine and inform them of the egregious error.

But interesting enough, I did see Lewis' name on the list, and I also saw Tyson's name, Holyfield's name, Tua's name and Razor Ruddock's name. All fighters Lewis fought and beat. So your argument is pretty pathetic wouldn't you say?

15. Vanboxingfan

Feb 5, 2005
    You mean Ali was a great puncher? I just finished reviewing the Ring Magazine's top 100 punchers of all time, and I never noticed Ali's name. Young's name was missing too.

Wow how can two world class punchers of this magnitude both be over looked? Maybe the Ring magazine wasn't all that familiar with who they were. :D

Another egregious error?? :lol: