Foreman vs Marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Mar 9, 2020.

Who wins

1. Foreman By Knockout

2. Foreman By Decision

3. Marciano By Decision

4. Marciano By Knockout

5. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    it isn’t yet a crime to think. now Hold on to that. And Let it sink in.

Everyone knows you think that “nobody should be allowed to think Marciano might win any fights”, and get highly offended if anyone does.

The fight can’t ever happen. So don’t get so excited. Chill out a little bit.

Marciano could crowd him, and not like Frazier did. Frazier thought he was in for an easy night, and just walked in like it was an easy fight coming up.

Marciano could stay close, smother him, or stay just out of range and wait for chance to couter, or move in for a shot. As he usually did.

If either guy lands big, it's a problem for either guy getting hit. If it goes to 5th round, it sudennly becomes easier fight for Marciano. Foreman had stamina issues and could easily be hit with right hands off most fighters he ever fought.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    barberboy2 likes this.
  2. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    This is cheating. An illegal move.

Most fighters foul, Marciano too. But when it comes to pushing, even though he was heavier, Frazier was always going to fall backwards from a push because he stood so very square. Made Foreman look even stronger than he was.

Much harder to push a guy who stood as side on as Rocky did in that low awkward crab stance. Remember when George puts both arms out like that his chin came up and he can be hit from both sides.

If pushing was allowed (it isn’t) Indont think it would be so effective against many great fighters other than Frazier.

barberboy2 likes this.
  3. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I reckon this would be a career changing fight for Marciano.
    He'd never come back from such a brutal beating, and I say that with all due respect to Marciano.
    Foreman by vicious ko before 5.

Charlietf likes this.
  4. Charlietf

Charlietf Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    :jaja-no:

5. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Rocky may not last as long as Frazier did...Frazier had everything Marciano had and then some. The question should be can Rocky get up 6 times?

6. RockyJim

RockyJim Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 26, 2005
    He always got back up...something Tyson never did!!!

7. RockyJim

RockyJim Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 26, 2005
    If light hitting Jimmy Young could floor Big George and beat him....

8. Charlietf

Charlietf Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    What a stupid dumb argument. Everybody knows that jimmy young And marciano were clones in style,height,reach.and weight

George Crowcroft likes this.
  9. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Maybe Marciano only got back up because it was only a washed up Lightheavyweight that put him there and not a real Heavyweight with real Heavyweight power.

10. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Now I'm just going out on a limb here but is it Marciano?

barberboy2 likes this.
  11. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Marciano is greater, but Foreman is all wrong for Rocky. Stronger, hits harder, better chin. Very, very bad matchup for Rocky, who doesn't know how to not come forward.

It would still be competitive, this would look closer akin to Foreman-Lyle than Foreman-Frazier

12. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Love Marciano but this is the worst stylistic match for him we can think of. Foreman cleans up early.

13. Clinton

Clinton Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    These are 2 fighters that I admire greatly and try to give them their just dues. But I honestly believe George stops Rocky about round 4.

14. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Foreman > Marciano. Marciano has passed to history to have ended many careers of his opponents but he wouldnt be able to do the same with Foreman's one imo. All versions of Foreman are too heavy and chinned even for an excellent puncher like him.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  15. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Didn't Holyfield knock him down in the first fight? And didn't he get up but fail to beat the count against Douglas?

swagdelfadeel likes this.